in the process of rooting... but rebooting wont stop

S2K ON 2

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
so i'm following the instructions here and when i get to the step :
"When you get to that point, open the evorecovery file you put on your desktop and double click the recovery-windows.bat file. This will reboot your phone again, to a different recovery -- the good kind.

Inside custom recovery, flash a zip from the sd card is what you're looking for. Select it, and choose the ROM you downloaded earlier, and flash it. When that's finished, reboot."
my fone keeps on rebooting and wont go anywhere. the only way i can get it to stop is by pulling the battery and loading the bootloader.

i've searched around and looked for different solutions but nothing worked... can someone please help!!!

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like your stuck in boot loop

did you successfully install Nandroid?

If so go in and Wipe Data / Factory Reset

Then go to Install zip from SD

Reinstall whatever Rom you want...

once thats done go back until you see Reboot system now

you should be okay after that...

S2K ON 2

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
i had done everything but still nothing. so i just unrooted it and rooted again with fresh's rom. that thing is awesome btw. battery lasted me about 14 hrs with pretty good amount of use. lots of games, browsing, calls.

thanks for the help!

Loogie

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I just got done rooting and manually installing the RvU1.3.2 ROM and I got stuck in the 4G boot loop. I pulled the battery and then rebooted into recovery, did a full wipe and a cache wipe and then re-flashed to ROM and it worked fine. Thanks goodness for the help available here!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
For future reference

1) You need to wipe data and dalvik. Not wiping data and dalvik will cause a boot loop.

A) power phone off by pulling battery. Put battery back in
B) Hold the volume down button while pressing the power button (this should bring you to HBoot)
C) Select "Recovery"
D) Wipe, Wipe, Wipe, Flash

Happens to the best of us lol. Hope this helps.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
For future reference

1) You need to wipe data and dalvik. Not wiping data and dalvik will cause a boot loop.

A) power phone off by pulling battery. Put battery back in
B) Hold the volume down button while pressing the power button (this should bring you to HBoot)
C) Select "Recovery"
D) Wipe, Wipe, Wipe, Flash

Happens to the best of us lol. Hope this helps.

What did you do for the FPS mod? off topic but i still want to know :cool:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
What did you do for the FPS mod? off topic but i still want to know :cool:

Must be an 003 build with an Epson screen. An 002 build (novatec) will not work and some 003 builds have novatec screens so you need to check first.

You need a ROM that's compatible to run with godmode kernel (Fresh, Damage ... you'll find them), and the godmode kernel.

Put them all in a bag and shake really hard and voila ... 60 FPS

Last edited: