Partitioning SD card with CM7.2?

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I'm running CM7.2 with the Tiamat kernel. I've got a 32gb microSD card (class 4). I've got 85.87MB left of internal memory and well over 100 apps total.

My phone runs pretty sluggishly.

I've heard that CyanogenMod does not work well with Dark Tremor's A2SD and that CM7.2 allows you to move any app to the SD card, so partitioning is not necessary.

My questions are:
  • Would partitioning my SD card free up more internal memory, even though I've been using CM7.2 to put apps on my SD card already?
  • Would partitioning my SD card improve performance on my phone running CM7.2?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Partitioning would be highly recommended in your scenario.

My questions are:

Would partitioning my SD card free up more internal memory, even though I've been using CM7.2 to put apps on my SD card already?
Would partitioning my SD card improve performance on my phone running CM7.2?

Yes to both questions. You may want to clear cache and get a cache clearing app to clear periodically. Also use an app called "Fast Reboot" to help with the sluggishness. Or clear cache and dalvick cache in recovery.

Last edited:

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid I still have a few more questions.

1. I saw a reference that A2SD does not play well with CyanogenMod... and I know CM's wiki says that A2SD is not supported. CM has their own version that allows you to move apps to SD. If I flash & then try and use DT A2SD, is that going to cause problems with CM7.2?

2. Okay, my SD card will be erased (I already made a backup on my computer). I saw online that I can't use a nandroid backup to restore my apps and that Titanium Backup won't know where to put the apps correctly. The guides I saw online said to just download all my apps from the Playstore again. I have a lot of apps that I don't have the latest version because I don't WANT the latest versions of those apps. Also, there are a great many apps that are on my "all Apps" list on the Playstore that I don't have on my phone. Is there an easy way to come up with a list of my current apps on my phone and/or an easy method of returning them to my phone after all this?

3. Does anyone know where I can get a link to DT A2SD that would be compatible with my CM7.2?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae