Help!

cj_302

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok. So I have this old EVO 4G and the sprint guys said its refurbished and I've had to have the camera replaced multiple times because when I go to it its just a blank screen. and also the screen. Is there any possibility that the camera problems could be in the software?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried any other camera apps?

Also, the lens in the EVO 4G gets loose easily. Gently push it in and see if it works.

cj_302

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So none of that worked. And I'm thinking its a program issue with the new camera. Would a software update work? Or could I use the HTC dev site?

cj_302

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No. Stock 2.3.5 with a 5.07.651.1 build.
It's literally all stock.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware issue if other camera apps don't work

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

cj_302

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok the cameras been replaced twice because it didn't work with the settings on the phone. And now the camera just opens up to a black screen nothing else on the screen at all! Nothing is working. I figured if it didn't have a dcim it wouldnt work but it does. I have literally teyed everything. Except a computer... So I think its a software problem if someone could help with this it would be awesome because the Sprint guys are gettin mad!!! Cuz this phone's been refurbished and its had screens put in also...

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The Evo's camera module (where the lens is) can come ajar from the mainboard at times. I'm sure you have already tried it, but press firmly where the lens is on the back of the phone in order to make sure it is seated properly. Alternatively, you can take the phone's frame off and completely re-seat the camera module by pulling it from the mainboard and pushing it back in, but you shouldn't need to go that far.

cj_302

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually I might because I've already tried your suggestion about pushing the camera its self back in and its still not working. I'm thinking they set it in wrong or in a different pattern because when you open the camera it goes to the screen and then the camera pop up icon is up side down. So I think they set it in up side down. And maybe the camera has a certain board pattern like computer processers. If anyone knows where I could find the schematics that'd be amazing.

cj_302

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well I took it apart .... These sprint guys aren't good at all.... There are grounds missing and all sorts of fun stuff!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC