help! unable to unroot

ienjoysoup08

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
My phone is beyond messed up with cm7 and I would like to just return to stock. I rooted my phone over a year ago and now when I try to use the unroot method it just says "USB error" every single time. Is there some way to fix this? or is there another unroot method?

ienjoysoup08

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
please help me, I hate to be that person bumping their own thread but texts don't send, or send 25 of the same text, I can't download pictures, have to pull the battery multiple times throughout the day, my phone doesn't get peoples phone calls, then the other day it wouldn't even let me make calls. this worries me if I needed to call 911.

dubyasux

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
You will need to download the latest version of Sprint's stock ROM for the EVO 4G from [ROM][KERNEL] 5.07.651.1 Stock - Rooted - Latest Supersonic OTA - xda-developers. I recommend downloading the deodexed ROM version as it is smaller and quicker, but it does tend to boot a little more slowly. Next copy the downloaded zip file to your sdcard, power your phone off completely, and boot into recovery by simultaneously pressing the volume down and power buttons and holding them until you see the recovery screen. You should then select recovery mode, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik-cache, and wipe data. Repeat wipe cache, Dalvik-cache, and data. Return to the main recovery screen and select "Flash zip from sdcard" then select the file 5.07.651.1_Supersonic_Stock_Rooted_CPTB_v2.3-DEODEXED.zip (or the ROM version that you downloaded) and press the power button to flash the ROM. This will give you the latest available Sprint ROM for the HTC EVO 4G and will leave root enabled on your phone.

ienjoysoup08

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
sorry for the late. when I go into recovery there is no wipe cache, wipe dalvik-cache, or wipe data. just fastboot, reboot, reboot bootloader and power down

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad