Although I can't guarantee that I'm an Android user forever I like what I see so far.....few questions....

1. How do I update to 2.2?
    2. What were the biggest adjustments that users had to make coming to Android from BB?
    3. Has anyone found a holster that the device snaps into that DOESNT scratch the device/paint?

Thanks!
    07-10-2010 03:16 PM
    not to be an *** but EVERYTHING you asked can be searched and found right here on this board
    07-10-2010 04:30 PM
    Although I can't guarantee that I'm an Android user forever I like what I see so far.....few questions....

2. What were the biggest adjustments that users had to make coming to Android from BB?
    3. Has anyone found a holster that the device snaps into that DOESNT scratch the device/paint?

Thanks!
    yahtzee, welcome!! great to have you here..

Don't let self-appointed forum nazis (^^^) scare you. We welcome newbies and their question, even if they have been discussed elsewhere on the forum.

RE: how upgrade to 2.2. I'm not familiar enough with your device. However, any official OS updates will be pushed to your device OTA by the carrier. In order to recieve the update OTA you must be chardged at least 80%.

By the way, OTA means "over the air" - nothing you do, the phone just "recieves" it.
    07-10-2010 04:48 PM

Thanks!

1. I thought EVO came loaded with 2.2 Froyo. Shows how much I know. Oh well, like prometheus said, hang on and it will be pushed to your EVO soon enough. Nothing to do but wait.
    2. I know nothing about BB. All I do know is that Android is King! I'm sure there will be certain things that you will miss about your BB but overall you will not return to your Dingleberry.
    3. Search here or on seidio.com for accessories for EVO. Think about a screen protector and a full body case to reduce the chances of scratches.

That is all!
    07-10-2010 05:15 PM
    1. I thought EVO came loaded with 2.2 Froyo. Shows how much I know. Oh well, like prometheus said, hang on and it will be pushed to your EVO soon enough. Nothing to do but wait.
    2. I know nothing about BB. All I do know is that Android is King! I'm sure there will be certain things that you will miss about your BB but overall you will not return to your Dingleberry.
    3. Search here or on seidio.com for accessories for EVO. Think about a screen protector and a full body case to reduce the chances of scratches.

That is all!
    So 2.2 is out but just hasn't made it to my device?
    07-10-2010 09:12 PM
    Also, is there anything like autotext with bb where I can type u and it changes to you?
    07-10-2010 09:20 PM
    2.2 is not available for the evo yet, sprint needs time to lock things down to their specifications
    07-10-2010 11:13 PM
    Got it..thanks.
    07-11-2010 08:41 AM
    Also, it you haven't tried it yet. Install Swype, or one of its alternatives. Swype is in beta right now so you need to sign up for it but there are others available if you want.
    07-11-2010 08:54 AM
    Also, is there anything like autotext with bb where I can type u and it changes to you?
    Welcome to the light! I did the same thing when the Evo came out. I will honestly tell you that autotext is the one thing I CHERISHED with my BB and I have not found anything to replace it on Android just yet. Sorry to crush your dreams there, but its still so much better than blackberry.

As far as 2.2, there are custom roms that can be flashed that are experimental proof of concept only for 2.2 froyo, but certain things won't work, like your camera.

If you get into rooting it, I recommend DamageControl roms myself, but hell, make a Nand backup and go for the 2.2 and try it out. You can always go back with nothing lost.

Welcome again!
    07-12-2010 07:28 AM

Thanks!

1: For the Unofficial Versions of 2.2 u need to have Root and Ability to Flash... Since you've posted in the Hack Section I figured id mention this fact...

2.2 is out but not fully working and no were near official yet its pretty kool to use very quick and if the cameras worked i would use it permanently...

2: I haven't personally Adjusted... The Move from BB - Android well didnt happen i still use both... Android is 10000000000000000000x better

3: I just pocket the Evo and Holster the BB... *BB has magnetic krap that turns off the screen in holster*

Have fun be safe get a case / Screen protector *even though the nazis will protest on this*

Search search search READ!!! and enjoy...

So once again WELCOME n00b!
    07-12-2010 08:50 AM
    Welcome
    07-12-2010 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD