EVO 4G s-off but no Super User or Recovery from Boot

chiadrum

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi all-pretty strange I started off with a 2.3.3 HTC EVO from Sprint running 5.something and I followed the procedures on HTC EVO HACKS painstakinglyI defintely had SuperUser at one time and then I followed the procedure to flash the PC36IMG.zip which seemed to work fine and now I have s-off but no Super User and when I select recovery from Bootloader the phone bricks.I have to pull the battery and boot up again.
Now my phone reports as 4.24 ,Baseband 2.15,Android 2.3.3.
Any ideas how I can fix this?I wiped my SD card while I was at it and set up a sweet running/looking stock version with Go Launcher and I really don't want to have to do all of that over again.Phone is actually running great right now but I wouldn't mind trying CM10.No way to backup without recovery mode working!
Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you you reinstall your recovery? The PC36IMG was a RUU which flashed you back to stock. Install a recovery and when you flash a custom rom of your choice it will be rooted and you will have root access again

chiadrum

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you you reinstall your recovery? The PC36IMG was a RUU which flashed you back to stock. Install a recovery and when you flash a custom rom of your choice it will be rooted and you will have root access again

Thanks is there any way that I can just get Super User installed and then use ROM manager for backups/restores etc?

chiadrum

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok I was able to flash Amon Ra 2.3 and do a backup.Hopefully I am good now.I guess most custom ROM's will come with Super User baked in.Hopefully because I can't download it anywhere.
Thanks for the advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech