HTC EVO 4G Unrevoked 3 Rooting Instructions

rpmorri#CB

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Been thinking about this for awhile...I did notice, though, that they said it won't allow you to get rid of Sprint's garbage (I'm eyeballing you, Sprint Cup app...). Is there a fix being worked on for this?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
worked like a charm and I have my wireless tether back. Thanks for the writeup. Does anybody know how to go back to stock unrooted in case we have an update or I need the phone worked on by sprint?

I tried to root using unrevoled3 last night and clearly jacked something up so I went to this thread over in the EVO section to un-root my phone and it worked out great.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I wish I knew this was here last night when I tried to root my phone. I did something wrong and had to un-root but now that I have step-by-step instructions I'm gonna try it out again tonight.

snake411

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
U should def. Use it for rooting ur phone..its just simole and effective. I also would like to know a simple way of getting rid of the,sorint garbage apps..
Been thinking about this for awhile...I did notice, though, that they said it won't allow you to get rid of Sprint's garbage (I'm eyeballing you, Sprint Cup app...). Is there a fix being worked on for this?

*This was posted from my Evo 4G using Tapatalkpro! Great app, if you want to browse and post through many dfferent forums*

trini4040

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I need some help.. i did everything and not the "unrevoked" program is stuck with this message "pushing recovery image"... what am i doing worng...i'm using my windows 7 laptop should i try it on my windows xp desktop ?...

trini4040

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried it again and i works now.. if your using windows 7 you might have to uninstall "htc sync and sync driver...as soon as i did the uninstall of the htc stuff everything went as planned

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Someone posted a how-to video for using unrEVOked 3 over at AndroidForums.com which I found helpful. Apparently I still get confused by reading the steps.....lol

Here's the link.

More vids here.

recall56k

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
driver install

i was having problems also and found what i belive to be on of the problems. when we install the driver while the phone is in hboot usb i belive you also need to install the same driver while the phone is in its normal state also. after the phone fully boots plug in and update driver.

for a smoother root tho i would do the driver install while the phone is in normal state then follow all the instructions in the tut.

hope this helps.

Reactions: kingofny#IM

sicilian4life

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the information but having some problems.I followed everything to the T.I have revoked 3 on my screen. Either is freezes at pushing image at first of freezes and the end when it says waiting on system.It never fails,its never as easy as it seems.

Any ideas.Do i just keep trying and trying.

Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678