Unrevoked3 and Installing Custom Roms

Tomguruken36

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to install a custom ROM using Unrevoked3?

If there isn't, can someone point me to the location of an alternative root method for OTA applied evos, using a mac, that will allow me to install the new Cyanogenmod Nightly builds?

Thanks in advance

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Download Rom you prefer from http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-roms-hacks/19577-sticky-all-evo-roms-one-stop-shop.html and place it on your SDcard in a Folder Named "Roms" *keeps things clean*

Boot into recovery - power down phone -> hold the volume down and power button until you see android's skateboarding -> Once in Clockwork Recovery scroll to Nandroid Hit power button to select -> back up....

Once you back up your ready to play...

Do a Wipe - Wipe Data/Cache *On main menu of clockwork Recovery

Wipe Dalvik - Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik

go back to the home page of Clockwork Recovery

Flash Rom - Scroll to Flash zip from sdcard *Find the folder you placed your rom in and flash*

Once thats done just reboot from menu and you should be done...

If you get a boot loop just Wipe again and Flash

You can always restore the back up you made originally in the NAND option on clockwork...

Tomguruken36

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've downloaded the premium rom manager from the market and whenever I try to install a rom i've downloaded it gives me an error when the rom is opening in ClockworkMod Recovery

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've downloaded the premium rom manager from the market and whenever I try to install a rom i've downloaded it gives me an error when the rom is opening in ClockworkMod Recovery

It does that sometimes ive heard...

Like i said your best bet is downloading the Roms from The link i provided earlier and flash on your own...

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know Unrevoked 3 lets your flash a rom...
Can someone enlighten me? Did I root yesterday over unrevoked3 for nothing? =/

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
UnRevoked3 Installs Clockwork Recovery in a Sense it is a Full Root... Minus the ENG-HBOOT which is needed for Cyanogen mod

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Download Rom you prefer from http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-roms-hacks/19577-sticky-all-evo-roms-one-stop-shop.html and place it on your SDcard in a Folder Named "Roms" *keeps things clean*

Boot into recovery - power down phone -> hold the volume down and power button until you see android's skateboarding -> Once in Clockwork Recovery scroll to Nandroid Hit power button to select -> back up....

Once you back up your ready to play...

Do a Wipe - Wipe Data/Cache *On main menu of clockwork Recovery

Wipe Dalvik - Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik

go back to the home page of Clockwork Recovery

Flash Rom - Scroll to Flash zip from sdcard *Find the folder you placed your rom in and flash*

Once thats done just reboot from menu and you should be done...

If you get a boot loop just Wipe again and Flash

You can always restore the back up you made originally in the NAND option on clockwork...

Now, these are instructions I can understand. Thanks.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So what is the easiest best way to root? I have a stock EVO with the OTA update done. I think rooting the Hero there was really only one way that everybody used. With the Evo seems there is 6 different ways.

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
After messing around withseveral root methods, IMO the way to go is SimpleRoot. Painless full root with your choice of recovery images. Just follow all of the instructions and it works flawlessly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan