cyanogen release candidate 1 has hit the streets!

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Useful links:

Market fix to show protected apps: Link

Facebook fix for contact sync: Link

I can confirm both work.

*EDIT by popular request* For those having issues with ADB and uninstalling the old Facebook app: The easiest way I've found to remove the old facebook app is to use the fantastic (and free!) "Estrongs file explorer" from the app market. Open it up, press the "/" at the top left to view the root folder on your phone, scroll down and select the "system" folder, then the "app" folder, then long-press on "Facebook.apk" and select delete. Done. Then install the new facebook app.

Last edited:

triathlet3

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone find a fix for this? I keep getting a FC "The application Google Services Framework(process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly."

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I flashed it last night.
Running great so far.
Wiped battery stats.

Battery is great so far... I wiped battery stats before flashing. We'll see how it goes.
Benchmarks are the same as I was getting with the nightlies. Look at the other thread on what to expect.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If i try downloading anything from the market i get a message stating not enough room...

any ideas?

I know i have plenty of room...

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Trying this out. It's weird not to have Sense, lol. I miss the black status bar and the gigantic clock with weather. It's smooth and fast tho.

If you go into settings and scroll down to cyanogen mod settings you can change the color of the notification bar...

And just use Fancy widget or Beautiful widget for the big clock with weather...

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
If i try downloading anything from the market i get a message stating not enough room...

any ideas?

I know i have plenty of room...

Hmm, no idea.
Have you nand restoring and flashing again?

Battery at 65% and 13h 45min of pretty light usage on wifi and 50% brightness. Looking good. Most of it was overnight, but oh well.

h20squirter

Apr 19, 2010
www.rossmeadows.com
finally getting around to flashing this today... got kinda used to using ROM MGR to download straight to my phone. haha

If you want the exact same clock/weather as Sense, get Fancy Widget, its free also. I paid for Beautiful Widgets, and i used Fancy anyhow.

between CM6 and setcpu, i am getting insane battery life... well for me, i was one of those that started with 4-6 hours of battery life when i first bought the phone.

Cyanogen, not sure if you read these forums at all, but highly kick *** job from you and your team!

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
Since we are on the subject . . .

Is there a good replacement for the stock Gallery? The Sense Gallery is simple and easy to use. The stock 2.2 Gallery, while looks good, is cumbersome to use for wanting to quickly to go an image folder to browse pictures.

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Tried this today....Battery is just killed way too quickly, phone runs real hot. Per the thread at XDA they used the same kernel as the Nexus One, so may have to wait til they put the fix in for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21