DamageControl 3.5 (Froyo w/ Sense)

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
In case anyone here doesn't already know, the Damaged ROM's team has a beta program going on with DamageControl 3.5 which is a Froyo based ROM with sense (Yes ... full flash, JIT and all the other stuff you've been drooling over). If you have ever used any Damaged ROM's before you will find all the Damaged goodies you've been accustomed to.

The ROM will be made public once out of beta but if you just cant wait, make a donation to TrevE or Damage and you'll be able to download the ROM immediately.

I'm loving it but I've always been a fan of these guys.

Donate to TrevE (Once you donate click the "return to donations coordinator" button on the screen and the ROM will download)

Donate to Damage (you will need to wait for Damage to email you a link to the download after you donate)

Bug Tracker is available via google code. Use this to track and report issues with the ROM.

www.DamagedROMS.com this is their website but because the ROM is in beta, there is no mention of it as of yet.

Last edited:

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
In case anyone here doesn't already know, the Damaged ROM's team has a beta program going on with DamageControl 3.5 which is a Froyo based ROM with sense (Yes ... full flash, JIT and all the other stuff you've been drooling over). If you have ever used any Damaged ROM's before you will find all the Damaged goodies you've been accustomed to.

The ROM will be made public once out of beta but if you just cant wait, make a donation to TrevE or Damage and you'll be able to download the ROM immediately.

I'm loving it but I've always been a fan of these guys.

Donate to TrevE (Once you donate click the "return to donations coordinator" button on the screen and the ROM will download)

Donate to Damage (you will need to wait for Damage to email you a link to the download after you donate)

Bug Tracker is available via google code. Use this to track and report issues with the ROM.

www.DamagedROMS.com this is their website but because the ROM is in beta, there is no mention of it as of yet.

Yeah I love Damage Roms as well. I tried switching to Fresh and really thought it had a chance, but I eventually came back to Damage. Its nothing like it. I have been debating if I should just wait or donate. Im leaning toward the later and donating. LOL:cool:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If you donate you will be a beta tester for all future Damaged ROM's, not just this one.

These guys have always been my default ROM. DC + DC config battery saver + undervolted kernel + seidio 1750 + set CPU to underclock = 2 days of battery for me :p

bluger

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
1) How does the DamageControl ROM compare to CM with respect to what works and what doesn't? I'm not TOO interested in comparing stability between ROMs so early in development, unless there is a clear difference.
2) Does DamageControl have the bluetooth compatibility for keyboards/mouses/wiimotes? I forget, exactly, what this is called.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
1) click the link above for bug tracker.

2) I have not tried but I believe the answer is yes. Cyanogen mod team and a few other developers contributed code to the ROM, I believe the Bluetooth stack is part of that contribution. I'm willing to bet they function pretty close to the same. The only difference being DC has Sense and DC config and DC upater. I have never tried CM so i cannot say with any certainty. Sorry, i love Sense.

Last edited:

Eastridge

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I want this!!!! I am trying to make a donation with the TrevE's link but I am unable to. It gives me a fatal failure. Is there another way?

Thanks.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Try damages, I got my email from him about 15 min after donating.

Make sure you donate to both though, they both do great work together.

Edit - Sorry. Links were broken. Fixed now. After you click on a link above just hit "Donate" on the bottom.

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm also curious to see what the speed difference is between CM6 and this ROM. I'm running CM6 now and I like it but I also kinda miss Sense. If the speed difference isn't that great I might switch to damage control.

Has anybody ran the benchmarks on this ROM yet?

PLPOZ311

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
rom choice

hey i am relatively new to the whole rooting and rom thing because i just came from the ****ty iphone. I just rooted my evo with the unrevoked3 root process and the recovery that comes with it. should i stick with the root or do another process? and which rom would be best?

Thanks,

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
hey i am relatively new to the whole rooting and rom thing because i just came from the ****ty iphone. I just rooted my evo with the unrevoked3 root process and the recovery that comes with it. should i stick with the root or do another process? and which rom would be best?

Thanks,

unrevoked doesn't allow you to flash ROM's. you need to do the Simple Root method. there are other ways but that's the way that worked for me.

you can search the forums and the instructions are here.

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
It looks really cool. I just tried the 3.1 but i could not, for anything, get Titanium backup to install my apps and settings. I'll hold out for the Froyo+Sense version.

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
almost everything is working but Bluetooth is not finding anything thats kinda a must for me cause of were i live they just passed the law about driving while using the phone. And there trying to stop people from eating while driving in some of the small towns.

SHO_ONE#IM

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I actually either did something wrong when I rooted via simple root (I don't believe this is the case) or my phone was already screwed up.... I rooted and installed CM6 Nightly 7242010 and less then 24 hours later my phone just completely screwed up. The screen was no longer recognizing my touch and the desktop started acting as if it we're possessed. I immediately began fumbling between the different ROMs out there to see if anything could be done and none of the ROMs could correct the issue. Thus far DamageControl 3.2 is the most stable of the ROMs I've used... My screen still locks up and I'll lose touch sensitivity, but it's still workable (it'll have to do till I get my replacement....)

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com

Thanks,

SimpleRoot is the route i went

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci