Can i root my 2.2 evo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
be patient and dont be discouraging yet, i do believe dev working on it. we can just enjoy different apps first b4 root

peabodyx

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
i just got my evo on thursday, and it came preloaded with 2.2 on it, so if you swap out your phone, the new one will most likely come with 2.2

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
Wow didn't think it would take this long for someone to root 2.2. Must be one hellacious task. The one who accomplishes this will be a rock star for sure.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow didn't think it would take this long for someone to root 2.2. Must be one hellacious task. The one who accomplishes this will be a rock star for sure.

lol well the word on XDA is no one Cares to do it...

There's not enough "need" for it...

Thats why from what i've heard no ones done it...

The consensus was if you had root you should of never did the OTA...

since you did your A55ed out now...

They claim that when the Demand becomes greater someone will eventually get around to it...

Just a heads up... I think UnrEVOked are the only ones actually trying to figure this one out...

Personally I dont trust them Just sayin'

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
hopefully its only a matter of time. Either wait or learn to root and look for another adobe exploit. From what i hear the I-OS 4 jailbreak comes from a font issue in adobe reader. Something similar may be around the corner.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
hopefully its only a matter of time. Either wait or learn to root and look for another adobe exploit. From what i hear the I-OS 4 jailbreak comes from a font issue in adobe reader. Something similar may be around the corner.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ANTI-OTA... :confused:

Your letting Secrets out LJ...

BTW Hit up T0ast3d we have a new rom up our sleeves thats gonna be awesome Its something you might like... he said he'll have something available by tonight to test...

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ANTI-OTA... :confused:

Your letting Secrets out LJ...

BTW Hit up T0ast3d we have a new rom up our sleeves thats gonna be awesome Its something you might like... he said he'll have something available by tonight to test...

Oh, ANTI-OTA was implied.
I have a nice paragraph in my Unrooting guide i'll trace down, and probably condense and paste into my sig.

Edit, found it and modified it, see bellow. Too big for my signature though...

Look people, You should really understand what your doing when you press the button. As i told my brother when he jail broke his Iphone 4, there's no magic "root or stock" switch in your phone.

Pressing the button that says "Root" Doesn't flip that nonexistent switch. There is actually a lot of coding, and commands that are put in for you, and could potentially be malicious. But all that aside, by using a one click method you don't learn what goes on behind the scenes. If you pushed your files, and installed through the boot loader, and flashed a recovery through adb, like every who rooted their phone the long way, then problems like the one addressed in this thread wouldn't be here.

I'll admit that I've mistakingly suggested the use of these one click methods, mostly because I've been too lazy to go through the motions oh helping people do it the long way. That being said 90% of all the threads and issues people are having, are from people who are using one click methods.

Keep this in mind. You can still use simpleroot or unrevoked. But read the thread stickied above entitled "[How to] Windows-- Full root and install recovery". And then read the thread over at XDA regarding rooting via flash exploit if you've installed any OTA.

All of the guides are specific, step by step, and if followed correctly give you the root your looking for. However even more valuable than that root, is that they teach you how to troubleshoot many of your basic issues yourself.

[NEW] And then stop installing OTA's! Every time users install and OTA, people come back and whine about how they cant get back to root. Despite the fact that they were warned many times over that this would happen. One fine day there will be an update or a new OS that we wont be able to root. Or that it will be so difficult that you wouldn't even want to. (See why using other peoples one clicks can be bad above.) So learn to stop installing OTA's

Lastly, Use your search button and follow the form rules. These forums are here to help, that doesn't mean we wont give you a hard time about asking something that has been answered at length before. [/NEW]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.