I cant find the speech to text on the keyboard there is a EN and ES in its spot
    08-02-2010 11:49 PM
    Does anyone else have this..or figured out how to use voice to text on keyboard
    08-04-2010 07:47 PM
    That is weird. This is the HTC regular keyboard?

You could download and use another keyboard that has it... That's all I can tell you for now.
    What happens when you tap on the EN or ES?

Edit: Try swiping up on the keyboard.
    08-04-2010 07:55 PM
    If you are using the stock HTC keyboard, go to Home > Menu > Settings > Language & Keyboard > Touch Input > International Keyboard.

See if you have Espanol or any other languages checked. If you have more than English, the voice input button will change to select language. Regardless, the button when on EN should have the microphone on it. You hold the button down to bring up the voice input.
    Sharpy likes this.
    08-04-2010 08:06 PM
    nope aint workin for me, i have a rooted froyo running i got from xda, the oxeded one, anyway its just greyed out en when i only have english or nothing selected. i miss my microphone.
    08-04-2010 08:28 PM
    I had to do a factory reset and reinstall my apps (not with Titanium) and I got my mic button back. A little time consuming but I got everything to work and cleared out some junk.
    08-07-2010 03:50 PM
    You need to open up a new SMS text. Then in the area to compose the message you will need to "long" tap until a box comes up. Choose "input method". Then choose "HTC_IME mod".

Try that. Worked for me and I got my mic back.
    08-10-2010 02:42 AM
    This happened to my buddy... He just reflashed the Rom and it was fine...
    08-10-2010 07:50 AM
    Happened to me. It has to do with certain files that get backed up when using Titanium or Mybackup. What I did was wipe all the data/cache and reinstalled the ROM from scratch, excluding any system data backups (I use the same ROM as you - stock froyo official oxeded from XDA).

You can still backup SMS, call logs, apps, app data, but do NOT backup 'android home' or anything involving HTC.
    08-10-2010 09:40 AM
    You have to hold it till oh see the Mic. if not then You have to go to the market and install tts add-on. mine works with rooted Rom.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    08-10-2010 10:14 AM
    Same issue, but I don't really use that keyboard much. I got the stock 2.2 keyboard today, seems to work pretty well and has the speech to text option.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [REQ] Froyo 2.2 Keyboard APK

BTW holding the button where the mic was does not work...
    08-10-2010 05:54 PM
    Happened to me. It has to do with certain files that get backed up when using Titanium or Mybackup. What I did was wipe all the data/cache and reinstalled the ROM from scratch, excluding any system data backups (I use the same ROM as you - stock froyo official oxeded from XDA).

You can still backup SMS, call logs, apps, app data, but do NOT backup 'android home' or anything involving HTC.
    I use titanium backup and the same thing happened to me. Is there a batch that can be run to where I won't lose saved data in certain apps? Will backing up the apps using the batch backup saved data? I think I did the batch that backs up the apps plus all system data and that is where I encountered a problem. What is the "system data"? I am going to reflash the stock odexed ROM but would like to know what to back up through titanium so I loss as little information as possible but still don't overwrite things like this speech to text item. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.
    08-11-2010 02:45 PM
    I use titanium backup and the same thing happened to me. Is there a batch that can be run to where I won't lose saved data in certain apps? Will backing up the apps using the batch backup saved data? I think I did the batch that backs up the apps plus all system data and that is where I encountered a problem. What is the "system data"? I am going to reflash the stock odexed ROM but would like to know what to back up through titanium so I loss as little information as possible but still don't overwrite things like this speech to text item. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.
    I am not sure how to do that.. I ended up going from Titanium to "My Backup Pro" and that worked out great for me.

I read somewhere on XDA from someone who had the same issue of the speech to text option was gone, and that he/she used Titanium backup, but no other info was given on how to avoid that.

What you can do is download My Backup Free from the market and backup all your apps (APK plus data) then backup data and select what 'data' you want to back up.. like SMS, call logs, MMS, etc...

The "system settings" is an option in My Backup. Just make sure to not check that or "Android Home" to ensure it isn't backing up those old/currupted files going from 2.1 to 2.2 Only draw back is you'll have to set up your bluetooth, wifi, homescreens, stuff like that.
    08-11-2010 04:00 PM
    I am not sure how to do that.. I ended up going from Titanium to "My Backup Pro" and that worked out great for me.

I read somewhere on XDA from someone who had the same issue of the speech to text option was gone, and that he/she used Titanium backup, but no other info was given on how to avoid that.

What you can do is download My Backup Free from the market and backup all your apps (APK plus data) then backup data and select what 'data' you want to back up.. like SMS, call logs, MMS, etc...

The "system settings" is an option in My Backup. Just make sure to not check that or "Android Home" to ensure it isn't backing up those old/currupted files going from 2.1 to 2.2 Only draw back is you'll have to set up your bluetooth, wifi, homescreens, stuff like that.
    I was actually able to fix it by just wiping everything and reflashing the ROM. I dug a little deeper into what Titanium backup was backing up and it looked like it was restoring quite a few 2.1 items. I manually went in an chose what to restore and that seemed to solve the problem. I now have everything up to date including the microphone back in its right place. Ultimately, you just need to be more aware of what you are restoring and everything turns out fine.

Also, app information (or app data) is backed up by titanium backup when you choose to run the app backup batch. So in lay mans terms, you won't lose your place in your game.
    08-12-2010 01:42 PM
    If you are using the stock HTC keyboard, go to Home > Menu > Settings > Language & Keyboard > Touch Input > International Keyboard.

See if you have Espanol or any other languages checked. If you have more than English, the voice input button will change to select language. Regardless, the button when on EN should have the microphone on it. You hold the button down to bring up the voice input.
    Worked for me, thanks a ton!
    08-16-2010 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD