OXED vs DeOXED.. any reason to choose one over the other?

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok I think I know what the main difference is between an OXED and De-Oxed ROM, which is that the De-Oxed versions are 'themeable'.

Beyond being able to load a theme, is there any reason to choose a DeOxed over an Oxed or vice versa? Performance issues, compatibility with apps, anything?

Right now I'm leaning toward the Froyo OTA Oxed version but before I flashed it, figured I'd ask if it's worth considering the Deoxed. (I have no use for themes)

barleysoda

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Well I don't know all that much about it but if there isn't any thing different besides theme abilities then why would anyone want a odexed Rom if there was the same Rom in a deodexed version. Why burn the bridge? I currently run the latest avalaunch 2.2 that is deodexed and then added a glass theme with custom icons over it. Also added custom splash and boot screens. The phone rocks to the point that I can't even bare to look at the wife stock evo with froyo.

I tried to convince her to let me root it before the update but she was fine with the way it was. Now until 2.2 root she has NO options.

marclile

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i've been trying to get good explanation about this too. i don't see myself loading a theme or anything so i was more curious about speed than anything else. is one faster than the other?