So, I've been following the cyanogen thread for a while...I think cyanogen is the rom for me but I have a few questions:

1) I really need a 4G radio...Do you guys know if the group intends to work on this / is working on this or they don't care since it's so specific to one device? Totally understandable if they aren't ... I am just wondering.

2) Does the wifi tether app work well with this rom, in addition to the wifi tethering built in from android?

3) Are there any good vanilla froyo builds out there that have 4G working? I'm basically looking for a "nexus one" experience on my evo, but cyanogen would be ideal with all the great mods they make.

4) do your nandroid backups take like 45 minutes? Mine do and it's killing me

Thanks!
    08-04-2010 05:12 AM
    #1: I believe it is planned. It should be easier to get working now that froyo is out for the Evo.

#2: The built in tethering app for android works really well in CM6. No need to put another on another tethering app.

#3: I don't know of any.

#4 Mine only seem to take about 15 minutes, but I never closely timed it.
    08-04-2010 06:34 AM
    Thank you!

I heard that the stock tether app doesn't let me use data on the phone while it's running, is that a mistake? Also, does the stock tether app do MAC access filtering? I love those features from the wifi tether app.
    08-04-2010 08:54 AM
    I'm using the t0ast3d de1ight FroYo 1.0 ROM. The 4G works fine. I haven't tried the tethering app, but the comments sections seems to suggest that it works. Might need to play a little bit with it. Don't know. It also uses Sense, which some people love. I disabled Sense and use LauncherPro.
    08-04-2010 09:24 AM
    I'm using the t0ast3d de1ight FroYo 1.0 ROM. The 4G works fine. I haven't tried the tethering app, but the comments sections seems to suggest that it works. Might need to play a little bit with it. Don't know. It also uses Sense, which some people love. I disabled Sense and use LauncherPro.
    That's not Vanilla. Even if you disable sense it still runs in the background. And yes TeamDouche is working on 4G.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
    08-04-2010 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD