What is this "root" thing on an HTC EVO 4G.

Panchoevo

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

Just got phone last week.
System 2.2
Laptop kept getting a pop up screen Re. need to find additional drivers for ADB (?) Called customer service, told me to get "uncorrupted" 2.1 system flash at Sprint store. Went to Sprint store. The flashed 2.2, said not able to flash 2.1. Phone now seems to be working, but I don't really know, since I have no history with this phone various system upgrades. It's new to me, as of last week.

So, what is this root thing ?
Where can I get/read a primitive, newby, type instructional on this.
Thanks.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

Just got phone last week.
System 2.2
Laptop kept getting a pop up screen Re. need to find additional drivers for ADB (?) Called customer service, told me to get "uncorrupted" 2.1 system flash at Sprint store. Went to Sprint store. The flashed 2.2, said not able to flash 2.1. Phone now seems to be working, but I don't really know, since I have no history with this phone various system upgrades. It's new to me, as of last week.

So, what is this root thing ?
Where can I get/read a primitive, newby, type instructional on this.
Thanks.

Here's a great write up that should answer all your questions about root/rooting. If you have questions feel free to ask that what were all here for. http://www.androidcentral.com/root

*To everyone remember we were all new at one time.If you have time to insult them then you had time to actually be helpful and provide links to something that would answer their questions.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's a great write up that should answer all your questions about root/rooting. If you have questions feel free to ask that what were all here for. http://www.androidcentral.com/root

*To everyone remember we were all new at one time.If you have time to insult them then you had time to actually be helpful and provide links to something that would answer their questions.

Sorry Beezy :(

I'll Behave...

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Sorry Beezy :(

I'll Behave...

Its cool,just want everyone to sit back and think about it.This place is known for being very helpful and that you don't have to worry about people bashing or given a hard time for a question.Yeah it might be asked a million times but owell that happens.
I would rather be known as the guy that answered the same question a million times then the guy that was rude.

Thanks.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Aw, yes this is true.. sorry beez, thats why your the greatest ;)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Aw, yes this is true.. sorry beez, thats why your the greatest ;)

I agree... You Rock... But It was funny... :p

Thanks guys,and i know we all like to have fun but would you rather chase poeple away or invite more poeple to come cause they see how helpful everyone is;) Lets just all try to be helpful and provide links or share our knowledge with the people that have questions.
Lets get back on topic,no need to reply.
Thanks again guys.

Sorry OP for jacking your thread.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000