UnrEVOked Forever...

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
yea, saw it this morning too, seems like a trouble shooting nightmare, not to mention if anything goes wrong with your phone ever, and you need to return, it'll be even more difficult....

"Bilbo Baggins: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

-- I feel thats fairly appropriate

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
yea, saw it this morning too, seems like a trouble shooting nightmare, not to mention if anything goes wrong with your phone ever, and you need to return, it'll be even more difficult....

"Bilbo Baggins: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

-- I feel thats fairly appropriate

Completely right... but this isnt for n00b user...

Its seems to go beyond EngHboot

Ability to flash unsigned .zip

Flash any partition at any time...

I'm all for it but at the same time I'm Completely root so I'm willing to take the plunge and go all in

Wouldn't you?

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Completely right... but this isnt for n00b user...

Its seems to go beyond EngHboot

Ability to flash unsigned .zip

Flash any partition at any time...

I'm all for it but at the same time I'm Completely root so I'm willing to take the plunge and go all in

Wouldn't you?

I would, but i'd be scared beyond all belief. I would consider myself as an entry level root user. I don't cook custom roms, or kernels. I dont really have a need to flash unsigned zips.... For what i do my current level of root is perfect.

That being said, even if i did go this route, i wouldn't want to go a one click route.... And even further no one will know how this truly reacts with the new Roms until they are released.

I guess i'll just see the reactions to the first round and go from there.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I would, but i'd be scared beyond all belief. I would consider myself as an entry level root user. I don't cook custom roms, or kernels. I dont really have a need to flash unsigned zips.... For what i do my current level of root is perfect.

That being said, even if i did go this route, i wouldn't want to go a one click route.... And even further no one will know how this truly reacts with the new Roms until they are released.

I guess i'll just see the reactions to the first round and go from there.

I'm thinking the same way... Screw that until someone else tries it...

but Still interesting... looks like they are trying to save face with the root users

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...this would scare the hell out of me...let alone to see what would happen when the n00bs get ahold of it...this could be super scary!

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
K Im at work now... Thinking about taking the plunge...

What do you guys think... No Selfish answers... Im Fully Rooted so this is useless for me... Unless I wanna flash Unsigned Zips... but Ehhh

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I just read through that...holy crap SCARY!! With no current possible way of hitting the UNDO button...I don't believe that is safe enough. And no promise that there will ever be one. Things happen even if you follow or think you followed all the direction perfectly. I almost don't agree with them releasing this. It almost seems irresponsible...IMO. Just seeing how many people flooded in here for the Froyo and wanting to root it...and were too excited to read or search...this could be a huge mess. I know they have warning, but again generally people are too excited and impatient to read and understand what it actually means. Hopefully this turns out just fine, but for me the risks out weigh the rewards.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams