I have a Evo that is rooted with unrevoked on android 2.1 i want to keep it rooted and install android 2.2. How can I do this?
    08-15-2010 11:12 AM
    Do a full root using simple root and flash a custom 2.2 rom
    08-15-2010 11:42 AM
    I have a Evo that is rooted with unrevoked on android 2.1 i want to keep it rooted and install android 2.2. How can I do this?
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...-recovery.html

Follow those instructions to get full root or do the Simple Root method (if you search the forums you will find posts on this) and then flash whatever 2.2 ROM you want.

I did the Simple Root method to go from unrevoked 2.1 to fully rooted 2.1 then flashed a 2.2 ROM. It seemed easier than the link I posted, but I didn't personally try that link, either, so it might have just been my perception.
    08-15-2010 12:10 PM
    It depends on which version of Unrevoked you used. 1.0 (the one click app) is not full root and you will need to root using another method before you can flash another ROM.

Unrevoked 3.1 is full root. You can flash certain custom Roms using Clockworkmod recovery as long as they are signed. Thats what I did. I applied the rooted stock HTC EVO 2.2 and updated radios found in this thread HTC OTA Froyo 2.2, *FINAL*, build 3.36.651.6 (Rooted) Odexed - xda-developers
    08-15-2010 12:15 PM
    It depends on which version of Unrevoked you used. 1.0 (the one click app) is not full root and you will need to root using another method before you can flash another ROM.

Unrevoked 3.1 is full root. You can flash certain custom Roms using Clockworkmod recovery as long as they are signed. Thats what I did. I applied the rooted stock HTC EVO 2.2 and updated radios found in this thread HTC OTA Froyo 2.2, *FINAL*, build 3.36.651.6 (Rooted) Odexed - xda-developers
    While this will work for certain ROM's, others need NAND to be unlocked permanently. So before you try to flash a ROM make sure you read the directions to find out if NAND needs to be unlocked first. If it does then you won't be able to flash it if you only use unrevoked. For ROM's that need NAND to be unlocked you will need to do a full root.

I have no experience with the new unrevoked forever so maybe some of my information has changed now.

I know that you can't flash CM6, for example, using unrevoked.
    08-15-2010 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD