Root for Froyo. Its been done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I was about to post this haha glad I searched...

Now to get me a borrowed lappy and get on this asap

No more 30fps cap whoohoo

KEWLKAT007

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It works I just did it. Got my replacement phone from Assurance place(Froyo 2.2) yesterday and woke up to this news ans tried it. Now I'm rooted.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just be Careful unrevoked Forever is no Joke... you can Really F**K some stuff up if you flash the wrong thing...

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I hope I didn't....The phone seems to be working.

Be careful what you flash... Now that Securities have been unlocked with Forever you can flash any zip file you see fit... Be it Signed or not... which is why this method is sooooo dangerous

Someone could maliciously make a Kill Rom and you not knowing will flash it

And boom brick... Just sayin this is a krappy Root method *My opinion of course* :cool:

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Im going to wait a few days and see how this plays out, like d3xn2o said this method is dangerous. Hopefully someone will comeout with a simpler & safer method..

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Everyone,

LJ has written a great how-to that has been stickied. He has committed to maintaining that thread with all the latest news and continue to update procedures with any new findings.

With this in mind, and in an effort to keep the community clean, this thread will be closed. Please direct any questions, comments, or concerns about rooting to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084