06-21-2011 08:41 AM
444 1234 ...
tools
    how long does pc36img.zip takes to push?
    can i grab all 4 files and dump them on my sd card directories?
    and i notice that when ever i push the 4 files other than the pc36 taking for ever i cant find the data folder were the other 2 files are so post to be place........... any idea or any help will be appreciated...
    08-26-2010 08:28 PM
    how long does pc36img.zip takes to push?
    can i grab all 4 files and dump them on my sd card directories?
    and i notice that when ever i push the 4 files other than the pc36 taking for ever i cant find the data folder were the other 2 files are so post to be place........... any idea or any help will be appreciated...
    the other folders are on the phone and not the sdcard. the .bin file and the image file go on the phone and the others go onto the root of the sdcard. ummm, it think there is a post on the first page about this. maybe second.

it's the 6th post.
    bluediablito likes this.
    08-26-2010 08:32 PM
    IM ROOTED FOREVER!!!!!!!! LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!
    08-26-2010 08:38 PM
    so something is not going the way its should.....
    after doing everything and hitting reboot on the cm
    phone boots into hboot but loads the pc36 and it say update fail
    main version is older
    08-26-2010 08:38 PM
    hey Mike20PR
    just wondering in your own words what did you do
    prob i am doing something wrong
    08-26-2010 08:39 PM
    hey Mike20PR
    just wondering in your own words what did you do
    prob i am doing something wrong
    I followed instructions to a "T" and all went well for me... not sure if i did anything special

actually, its the first root I have ever done on Android (ex winmo geek)
    08-26-2010 08:42 PM
    so something is not going the way its should.....
    after doing everything and hitting reboot on the cm
    phone boots into hboot but loads the pc36 and it say update fail
    main version is older
    it will tell you this if you haven't loaded the image correctly. have you made certain that steps 7-10 were done successfully?
    08-26-2010 08:49 PM
    so this is what i am doing lol and i guess i am doing it wrong...... no matter if i think i am following it to the t lol
    i copy the 2 files to the sd card zip and the image
    run the command prom as administrate and copy the other 2 files to the phone no error.... (adb push flash_image /data/local/
    adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/)

now these lines i enter them line by line
    "adb shell
    chmod 0755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    chmod 0755 /data/local/flash_image"

(now the phone goes into sleep mode)

again i enter lines one by one and no error
    "cd /data/local/tmp
    ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin"

now i enter wireless setup and toggle on and off airplane mode,,,,, and on the cm i see "if you like what we are doind... we also acept donation 1000 usd!

adb connection will be reset

i see #

and then i do the last steps and it reboots to hboot and it gives me that message that its older.........
    08-26-2010 09:03 PM
    alright, you didn't put in your post the following steps:

Code:
    cd /data/local
    ./flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
    you need this part or you will get the error you are getting. did you omit it in your post or in the process?
    bluediablito likes this.
    08-26-2010 09:09 PM
    UTnick
    yes i did left it out but i put it in the command....
    the reason why i left it out is bc i notice that when ever i get the error in the hboot it ask me to reboot and i hit yest for the past 2 times this time i hit no and it did the same search on the sd card and it ask me to update lol
    thank you for your help (just wondering firmware say 2.1-update 1 is that the correct downgrade?)

now i am going yo use simpleroot
    any tips ?
    08-26-2010 09:16 PM
    i believe my confusion set you back some time. my bad for that. and on simple root -- i must i admit i have never used it. i was rooted before it came out. as far as i know it is pretty straight forward, though.
    bluediablito likes this.
    08-26-2010 09:23 PM
    Used Simpleroot for the first time today. It is VERY easy. Just make sure you follow the directions in the command windows.
    08-26-2010 09:37 PM
    Well... gonna go for it. I hope I don't mess up!! :\ sooo feel like I'm skydiving right now haha
    08-26-2010 09:43 PM
    thanks once again UTnick
    just a few more question
    i just installed clockwork and i have hit nandroid backup (its baking up to the cd card. was this a smart idea even do i have not flash any rom?)
    08-26-2010 09:48 PM
    thanks once again UTnick
    just a few more question
    i just installed clockwork and i have hit nandroid backup (its baking up to the cd card. was this a smart idea even do i have not flash any rom?)
    I know this was directed at UTnick but I figured id give my opinion as well.

Yes. Smart idea. After I get my phone all setup and configured the way I like it I make a Nandroid backup. If anything starts acting funky I can wipe phone and restore from that.

Always a good idea to back up your stuff.
    08-26-2010 10:20 PM
    Very excited Newbie here just got my Evo and gave up my Blackberry. Now I want to root but when i try to push the files to my phone I keep getting an error.

* Daemon not running. starting it now *
    ADB server didn't ACK
    * failed to start daemon *
    error: cannot connect to daemon

any help please i moved the files to the SD card but not sure of how to access the phone except through push.

Please help thanks
    08-26-2010 10:39 PM
    hey Luce
    Thank you for the quick reply..............i dont mind if you are able to answer it.

for any one who many know the answer
    i hope you dont mind if i ask you a question
    my question.....
    i have clockwork as my recovery (loving the clockwork since it reminds me of my old psp mods) i notice that i am able to erase everything of the sd and restore the phone to factory settings and the clockwork is still there. i also download rom manager free to start adding a stock rom and then do a full nandroid backup of froyo 2.2.

so rom manager is so post to be link to clockwork.
    -what is flash clockworkmod recovery? (b.c i get an error "privileged commands)
    -will rom mannager reconize that i have clockwork (flash with simple root)
    -how would i wipe to flash a rom?
    08-26-2010 10:39 PM
    IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY!!!! WOOOOTT!!!!!!

Now I have to actually root. I've heard nothing but bad things about unrevoked so I'm gonna use simple root. But what exactly do I do first? I'm gonna put the suggested stock 2.2 ROM and back it up. I just don't know what I have to do.
    08-26-2010 11:12 PM

so rom manager is so post to be link to clockwork.
    -what is flash clockworkmod recovery? (b.c i get an error "privileged commands)
    -will rom mannager reconize that i have clockwork (flash with simple root)
    -how would i wipe to flash a rom?
    1. That will flash clockwork as your default recovery. (which you already have) If you are getting an error it sounds like either you dont have root or Rom Manager is blocked. Do you have a SuperUser app? If so make sure Rom Manager isnt denied access.

2. Yes.

3. Turn off phone, Press Vol Down while turning phone on. Load Recovery. Wipe options are in there. (Im sorry I am not more descriptive. Phone is not in front of me to look at) When using Rom Manager and selecting Flash Rom, it will give you the option to wipe at that time and do it for you automatically.

Hope this helps. If any one sees that I am wrong about anything PLEASE correct me.
    DaveNagy likes this.
    08-26-2010 11:24 PM
    Delete
    08-26-2010 11:31 PM
    Very excited Newbie here just got my Evo and gave up my Blackberry. Now I want to root but when i try to push the files to my phone I keep getting an error.

ADB server didn't ACK

any help please i moved the files to the SD card but not sure of how to access the phone except through push.

Please help thanks
    Make sure usb debugging is on.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    08-26-2010 11:33 PM
    thank you for the quick reply...... i don't see SuperUser app (is this normal with simple root?)
    these are the new apps that i have
    -ciq tools
    -dev tools
    -hdmi controller
    -htc ssd test
    -wimax settings
    -wimax router
    -wimax tool
    08-26-2010 11:40 PM

ADB server didn't ACK

Please help thanks
    I did a little looking around the interwebz. I found a possible solution.

"The ADB server binds and listen to port 5037. If that port is taken and/or if the daemon is already running, you'll see that error message.

Start task manager and kill adb.exe (all the instances of it).

If that don't work, try rebooting your computer and your phone, and trying again. "

Source: "ADB server didn't ACK" error while trying to access with sdk - xda-developers
    08-26-2010 11:44 PM
    thank you for the quick reply...... i don't see SuperUser app (is this normal with simple root?)
    these are the new apps that i have
    -ciq tools
    -dev tools
    -hdmi controller
    -htc ssd test
    -wimax settings
    -wimax router
    -wimax tool
    I dont believe the rom included with Simpleroot came with Superuser now that I think about it (I only had it a few minutes before I flashed AC-rom).
    I think this one is beyond me.

Hopefully one of the more advanced users can help. :-(
    bluediablito likes this.
    08-26-2010 11:48 PM
    so if i flash a froyo stock rooted rom it should work?
    thanks for the help by the way any help is better than nothing (have a few hours searching and nothing)
    08-26-2010 11:51 PM
444 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD