[How to] Rooting HTC EVO Froyo 2.2 (Windows)

johnday23

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Very excited Newbie here just got my Evo and gave up my Blackberry. Now I want to root but when i try to push the files to my phone I keep getting an error.

* Daemon not running. starting it now *
ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
error: cannot connect to daemon

any help please i moved the files to the SD card but not sure of how to access the phone except through push.

Please help thanks

bluediablito

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
hey Luce
Thank you for the quick reply..............i dont mind if you are able to answer it.

for any one who many know the answer
i hope you dont mind if i ask you a question
my question.....
i have clockwork as my recovery (loving the clockwork since it reminds me of my old psp mods) i notice that i am able to erase everything of the sd and restore the phone to factory settings and the clockwork is still there. i also download rom manager free to start adding a stock rom and then do a full nandroid backup of froyo 2.2.

so rom manager is so post to be link to clockwork.
-what is flash clockworkmod recovery? (b.c i get an error "privileged commands)
-will rom mannager reconize that i have clockwork (flash with simple root)
-how would i wipe to flash a rom?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY!!!! WOOOOTT!!!!!!

Now I have to actually root. I've heard nothing but bad things about unrevoked so I'm gonna use simple root. But what exactly do I do first? I'm gonna put the suggested stock 2.2 ROM and back it up. I just don't know what I have to do.

Last edited:

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
so rom manager is so post to be link to clockwork.
-what is flash clockworkmod recovery? (b.c i get an error "privileged commands)
-will rom mannager reconize that i have clockwork (flash with simple root)
-how would i wipe to flash a rom?

1. That will flash clockwork as your default recovery. (which you already have) If you are getting an error it sounds like either you dont have root or Rom Manager is blocked. Do you have a SuperUser app? If so make sure Rom Manager isnt denied access.

2. Yes.

3. Turn off phone, Press Vol Down while turning phone on. Load Recovery. Wipe options are in there. (Im sorry I am not more descriptive. Phone is not in front of me to look at) When using Rom Manager and selecting Flash Rom, it will give you the option to wipe at that time and do it for you automatically.

Hope this helps. If any one sees that I am wrong about anything PLEASE correct me.

Last edited:

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Very excited Newbie here just got my Evo and gave up my Blackberry. Now I want to root but when i try to push the files to my phone I keep getting an error.

ADB server didn't ACK

any help please i moved the files to the SD card but not sure of how to access the phone except through push.

Please help thanks

Make sure usb debugging is on.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

bluediablito

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
thank you for the quick reply...... i don't see SuperUser app (is this normal with simple root?)
these are the new apps that i have
-ciq tools
-dev tools
-hdmi controller
-htc ssd test
-wimax settings
-wimax router
-wimax tool

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

ADB server didn't ACK

Please help thanks

I did a little looking around the interwebz. I found a possible solution.

"The ADB server binds and listen to port 5037. If that port is taken and/or if the daemon is already running, you'll see that error message.

Start task manager and kill adb.exe (all the instances of it).

If that don't work, try rebooting your computer and your phone, and trying again. "

Source: "ADB server didn't ACK" error while trying to access with sdk - xda-developers

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
thank you for the quick reply...... i don't see SuperUser app (is this normal with simple root?)
these are the new apps that i have
-ciq tools
-dev tools
-hdmi controller
-htc ssd test
-wimax settings
-wimax router
-wimax tool

I dont believe the rom included with Simpleroot came with Superuser now that I think about it (I only had it a few minutes before I flashed AC-rom).
I think this one is beyond me.

Hopefully one of the more advanced users can help. :-(

bluediablito

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
so if i flash a froyo stock rooted rom it should work?
thanks for the help by the way any help is better than nothing (have a few hours searching and nothing)

bagger

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for putting up the procedure comrade! I have everything turned back to 2.1... but the girlfriends computer doesn't like .net framework stuff that simple root wants in order to run....

So tomorrow I'll finish it off on my computer!

It's been a long....um......36hrs without root! Lol

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
so if i flash a froyo stock rooted rom it should work?
thanks for the help by the way any help is better than nothing (have a few hours searching and nothing)

Right after I rooted I flashed the AC-rom. It is a great 2.2 rom made by the legendary people on this forum.

Everything works for me on that rom. 4G is supposed to work but I cant test it. Rom manager does work.
Be sure to read the first 3 posts as it tells you everything you need to know. There is an attached text document on one post that tells how to flash the custom theme.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-roms-hacks/26247-rom-ac-rom-froyo-2-2-a.html

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
All you get is the stock Rom with root.... From that point, you can flash whatever Rom you decide to download.

So I can just use the simple root to root and just keep it as is until I can figure out a ROM that I want? Also when I root, should I just backup using Nandroid? Or do that after I install a custom ROM?

Last edited:

bluediablito

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Luce
you are right the simpleroot rom does not have super user
just installed a rooted stock froyo and that little ninja is there lol
ninja approved rom manager and now it works...
but i notice that the pro version is worth it b.c the free version i am not able to look for any rom on line

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze