Wow! What a rush... Now I understand.

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You guys were right all along... No point in not rooting. My Evo is a killing machine now!

The process went better than I expected with a few slight hiccups. And more hiccups to come I'm sure. Simple Root worked like a charm except for the fact I had to hunt down .NET framework and such. I was completely sure that I was going to end up bricking my phone... But nope... This Goat did it.

So now I've flashed CM6 and only have a couple of questions that I couldn't seem to find when I was hounding around...

1. This is supposed to be the "stable" build... Which it is. I never have apps crashing or anything of that nature...

But why does my signal strength stink so bad? I flashed the latest radios and such... I just don't understand... Do I need to flash over to AC Rom to get my PRI updated?

2. Visual Voicemail. Can it be done on CM6?

3. The stock Kernal that came with CM6 seems to be pretty beastly on battery life and kills the FPS cap... So I'm not really seeing a reason to flash a new kernel... But am I shooting myself in the foot by not doing so?

limitproof

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
whats the kernal that comes with CM6, Snap v8?

and do you mean "pretty beastly on battery life" as a postive like you are getting very good battery life? and what FPS are you getting?

Last edited:

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Beastly = Much better battery life than I had when using stock.

My Kernel = 2.6.32.15-cyanogenmod shade@toxgene#1

So am I the only one experiencing signal strength issues? Maybe it's just that stock sense was lying about how many bars I actually had in reality.

No VVM?

Sorry about all my silly language last night. I was on a caffeine binge and was obviously REALLY excited about rooting my phone.

My fps average around 50.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Beastly = Much better battery life than I had when using stock.

My Kernel = 2.6.32.15-cyanogenmod shade@toxgene#1

So am I the only one experiencing signal strength issues? Maybe it's just that stock sense was lying about how many bars I actually had in reality.

No VVM?

Sorry about all my silly language last night. I was on a caffeine binge and was obviously REALLY excited about rooting my phone.

My fps average around 50.

U want VVM? How bad do you want VVM? Bad Enough to Click on my Smiley? ->:cool:

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Fairly bad signal strength. I've flashed the latest radio and such, but my data seems a tad slower than it was when using stock, and I'm occasionally dropping 3G in my apartment which never happened when I ran stock.

Hmm... Make a Backup

Reflash one of your Stock Backups update your profile and PRL then Flash back to CM6

that should help

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey if i was you id get the snap v8.2 kerne l and flash it right over your cm6 like i do with my nightlys. just look at my benchmarks. AND improved battery.

[Kernel] CM6-Snapv8.2 [BFS/UUV/OC/nHAVS] Available Now! New SNAPpapers App! - xda-developers

theres a bunch of options on witch 8.2 too pick, id choose the 850 one. its the most stable for me, but if its not stable for you go up in number, not down.

OH and as for dropping 3g to 2g edge in your notification bar, you were dropping it before but sense doesnt have a 2g sign for the notification bar, so it never shows up (tricky bastards)

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey if i was you id get the snap v8.2 kerne l and flash it right over your cm6 like i do with my nightlys. just look at my benchmarks. AND improved battery.

[Kernel] CM6-Snapv8.2 [BFS/UUV/OC/nHAVS] Available Now! New SNAPpapers App! - xda-developers

theres a bunch of options on witch 8.2 too pick, id choose the 850 one. its the most stable for me, but if its not stable for you go up in number, not down.

Yea this is all true except it won't Solve his Reception issue...

do what I said First before you dive into the Kernel Mayhem

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yea this is all true except it won't Solve his Reception issue...

do what I said First before you dive into the Kernel Mayhem

Look at my edit in the other post. jus sayin.

But it may be he needs to update to the 1.40 PRI, i was gettin shotty 3G until i upgaded to 1.40 PRI.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
keep in mind not every one has your phone and lives in your area ;) dex

try the pri update, if that doesn't work than theres probably not too much else... but it doesn't sound rooting related at the point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca