Changing the boot animation

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
This is how I did it using root explorer.

1. Download the bootanimation of your choice.
2. Rename it bootanimation.zip
3. Go to system/media
4. Click mount r/w in the upper right corner and rename the existing bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.bak
5. Paste the new .zip
6. Click mount r/o
7. Reboot and enjoy

Edit- make sure not to dl the flashable zip when using this method you'll just end up with a black screen when booting

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

3. Go to system/media
4. Click mount r/w in the upper right corner and rename the existing bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.bak
5. Paste the new .zip
6. Click mount r/o
7. Reboot and enjoy

Edit- make sure not to dl the flashable zip when using this method you'll just end up with a black screen when booting

I forgot about this Method lol... Good looks man :cool:

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

3. Go to system/media
5. Paste the new .zip
6. Click mount r/o
7. Reboot and enjoy

I'm stuck on step 4. I click mount r/w but I don't see an existing bootanimation.zip. What am I doing wrong?

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm using the paid root explorer and no I didn't delete or over write it. I was just going to the location you stated and don't see a current bootanimation.zip. I'm on a rooted 3.29 build ROM that was released a little before the OTA if that makes a difference. Could it possibly have changed locations? I obviously would like to backup the original boot animation. Also what does r/w and r/o do or mean? Just a guess but is it read/write and read only?

Last edited:

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I think it would work the same. If you want to be safe copy the orig to a diff folder on your sd before you replace/rename

Great. It worked. Just one more thing. It still has the original boot audio. How do I go about changing that?

EDIT:
Forget it. Figured out to replace the SPC_animation_final.mp3 file.

Last edited:

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you stipulate USB as "Charge Only" or "Disk Drive?" Thanks
Not sure why you're asking this. Disk Drive if you're transferring a bootanimation.zip to or from the SD card. But when it's on you need a file manager with root access like Root Explorer to backup the old .zip and replace it with a new one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish