Am I completely bricked for good?

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Phone boots just to HBOOT. Was messing with Clockwork Mod and now upon power, I just get the HBOOT screen (no HTC logo, Sprint logo...).

I don't have a Nandroid back-up. I was one of the beta-testers whose phone got messed up from Unrevoked 3.2 testing. Any ideas? Or am I bricked beyond repair and have to work with HTC?

Willing to sell to cheap to a developer or anyone who wants to try and get it repaired for them to keep. Phone is no longer activated (I had to swap to something else in order to continue to receive calls).

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if you can get to hboot then all you need is a PC36IMG placed on the root of the SDcard and it should recognize it and try to flash it.

If someone doesnt beat me to it ... I'll see if i can post one a little later when I'm not wrapped up in other stuff.

EDIT - Let me preface by saying it SHOULD boot the image. Not sure how UR3.2 works so i cant say what was or wasn't done to your phone.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
if you can get to hboot then all you need is a PC36IMG placed on the root of the SDcard and it should recognize it and try to flash it.

If someone doesnt beat me to it ... I'll see if i can post one a little later when I'm not wrapped up in other stuff.

EDIT - Let me preface by saying it SHOULD boot the image. Not sure how UR3.2 works so i cant say what was or wasn't done to your phone.

Would he be able to RUU if all else fails?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Would he be able to RUU if all else fails?

Never hurts to try but I think the answer is no. I believe, and I may be wrong, that one of the first things RUU does is tell you to turn on your phone. The reason it does this is it needs to identify the current version before it will run which can only be done when Android is up and running.

But like I said, doesn't hurt to try.

voodootrip

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Had same issue when using unrevoked then trying to flash CM6. Hboot was like a 0.96.? Had to flash new boot loader of the 0.76. Boot into recovery, flash then reboot. Let image upload and install updates then voila.

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Yea, RUU doesn't work. That was my first thing I tried. Going to try the PC36IMG.zip. Picked up a micro SD reader at Best Buy, and kept my receipt ;-)

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
So I have the PC36IMG.zip file on the SD card. Of course, my SD card is not mounting. I went into fastboot in ADB to re-enable it and am getting this error:

David-MacBook-Pro:tools David$ ./fastboot-mac oem enablqexdm 0
... FAILED (status malformed (1 bytes))

EDIT: I'm an idiot and spelled it wrong! Moving on...

Last edited:

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Now getting a (Bad) when trying to load the PC36IMG.zip I'm using in Clockword. HBOOT when it finds it says it's a bad image as well.... Used a stock 1.47 one I found. Guessing I may need to find the FroYo one? I was on that before.

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
So i renamed a better PC36IMG to update.zip and tried that method, but keep getting a (bad) on each image i try and load. Got excited when I tried the 3.26 RUU through Fastboot USB, it actually found the phone. But then it hung on "Waiting for bootloader..." and HBOOT was frozen.

I may be in way deep.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
So i renamed a better PC36IMG to update.zip and tried that method, but keep getting a (bad) on each image i try and load. Got excited when I tried the 3.26 RUU through Fastboot USB, it actually found the phone. But then it hung on "Waiting for bootloader..." and HBOOT was frozen.

I may be in way deep.

Earlier you said you were in hboot, it sounds like your in recovery not hboot. These are 2 different things. If your in recovery you need to forget about PC36img, those are for hboot not recovery.

You need to download a ROM and flash that from recovery.

Try AC-ROM and don't rename it. Download it, put it on your sdcard and flash.

voodootrip

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Zip file you got might be bad too, where did you download from? Is it just the bootloader on the image? I had to download one that had all the radios in it too. Kind of like the one that is in Toasts method part 2.

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Welp, got a ROM loaded on there. It was still USB bricked but I was able to get that resolved (thank god I put a rooted ROM on there). Once USB brick was fixed, it was still being a bit funky. But, I was able to get the 3.26 official RUU loaded. All is now well in the world, going to try one factory reset on the phone to ensure it's for sure resolved. Thanks all for your advice.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Welp, got a ROM loaded on there. It was still USB bricked but I was able to get that resolved (thank god I put a rooted ROM on there). Once USB brick was fixed, it was still being a bit funky. But, I was able to get the 3.26 official RUU loaded. All is now well in the world, going to try one factory reset on the phone to ensure it's for sure resolved. Thanks all for your advice.

Good thing you didn't sell your EVO for cheap ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae