Every new cyanogen build results in a constant reboot

shaker3818

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
How come I'm running the 9/5 nightly and now when I want to flash the 9/12 or 9/13 nightly I am getting a reboot loop without it actually booting up. Luckily I have a nandroid backup because if I didn't I would be screwed. I'd like to update to a newer nightly but I have no way of doing it with these constant reboots. Can anyone suggest something to me? I've tried all the wipes, etc, and nothing is helping. I'm running RA anon 1.7.

Again, as long as I restore my nandroid everything runs like cake but I do like to update my OS.

Last edited:

shaker3818

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
yeah ive been on 9/6. 9/7 gives me constant rebooting.

After reading your message I took a better look at which nightly I was running, it is actually 9/5. So I bet we're on the same boat.

I notice your signature says that there is a new kernel with the newer nighties... have you read up on a solution for us by chance?

chrisho

May 14, 2010
www.chrishophotos.com
"just a heads up, fellas...

anyone getting consistent bootloops from flashing the recent nightly builds is probably because the zimage kernel size is 2.4mb, about .2mb bigger than it should be. like myself, some of you may have bad nand blocks that cannot boot a kernel bigger than that. cyanogen has been notified via twitter. let's see if something changes. i'm going back to 6.0, unfortunately.. from xdadevelopers."

however cyanogen says hes working on it to reduce the size of the kernel from twitter was my last update for some of us unfortunate ones

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I had this exact same problem..

It caused me to go back to 6.0 as well, however i found when i flash a nightly, if i do a nandroid restore before i reboot it will allow me to boot the new rom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood