[HOW TO] Build A Theme-By SGBZ

sprintgirl

Apr 25, 2010
forum.ppcgeeks.com
to sign the apk-the phone does not need to be plugged in because the apk should be on your computer while you are editing it. Please use a set of apk's from the rom you are running and use a clean (stock) set and make a copy then edit the copy. DO NOT USE YOUR ORIGINALS! If you set up winsign (extract all the folders in the zip into the tools folder in SDK and run the .bat file) then you should just have to double click the file and the little black box will pop up. -this means it's signing.

battery icons are in the framework-res.apk

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I watched a couple, my little android laker dude ended up looking like a fat, yellow and purple, blob.

I'll give it a a go later down the road, when I magically get some artistic talents. (probly never gonna happen lol)

SoCalMario

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I am cracking my head on how to do this but I am stuck at how to extract a rom. I downloaded to tools on my mac but I can't seem to figure out how to get the APKs out. please help.... maybe I'm just stupid.

SoCalMario

May 14, 2010
Visit site
no I don't got it. I need those picture samples displayed. :( I got all the way to extracting the apk's and modifying in photoshop, but I'm stuck after that on my mac. :(

CUKIO34

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
anytime i right click on a apk theres no options to resign apk, like there is on the pictures you posted sg. I must not have winsign running properly. Can someone help please.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
anytime i right click on a apk theres no options to resign apk, like there is on the pictures you posted sg. I must not have winsign running properly. Can someone help please.

Right click on in and look for the "open with" then choose open with java platform binary.It's the samething is signing the apk/zip just some computers don't give all the same options.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

In regards to your PM with Sprintgirl I see where you are having the problem.Extract the contents of the winsign into tools folder not anyother.So when you open tools you should see all the files in there with the rest of the files in tools folder.
Example**
cd\android-sdk-windows/tools

Not* cd\android-sdk-windows/tools/winsign
Easy way open the zip and drag the files into tools instead of extracting.

CUKIO34

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
In regards to your PM with Sprintgirl I see where you are having the problem.Extract the contents of the winsign into tools folder not anyother.So when you open tools you should see all the files in there with the rest of the files in tools folder.
Example**
cd\android-sdk-windows/tools

Not* cd\android-sdk-windows/tools/winsign
Easy way open the zip and drag the files into tools instead of extracting.
still unable to get file to sign. its almost like java isnt working proplerly cause i dont get the option to sign when i right click on a file. Im gonna have to read up and see if can find something im doing wrong.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams