Trouble with reinstalling the fm radio app

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I was hoping you guys could help me with trying to reinstall the fm radio app after flashing the baked snack 1.7 rom.

I have been trying everything to reinstall the fmradio apk but have failed here are the steps I have taken:

1) tried reinstalling via astro file manager (I have found the the apk and saved it on my sd) gives me foreclose erorr.

2) tried the instructions from the threa "removing stock apps" that is stickied in this forum (went to root explorer and copied back fmradio apk and odex files but it wont even show up after a reboot.

3) tried using quick SSHd to go into root and install the file but it gives me foreclose error

Is there any other way to get it back on? I read something about adb pushing the app but I couldnt get the android sdk to load on my mac properly.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
you indicate you're moving apk and odex files, safe to assume you're on a odexed ROM?

If you're on a odexed ROM see if you can move the apk and odex from the SD card into system/app using root explorer and try to install there.

If you're on a deodexed ROM see if you can move the apk (you need an apk thats had the odex injected back in which can be grabbed from any deodexed ROM) from the SD card into system/app and try to install there.

report back after this. This app needs to run from system/app not data/app. After you let us know for sure if you're using odexed or deodexed anyone can make a signed zip you can flash from recovery to push the apk into system/app.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Looking at the Baked Snack ROM changelog it seems that version 1.0 was deodexed so I am assuming that this was carried into the new version 1.7 (since changelog doesnt mention it)

I can move stuff into the systems/app folder with Root Explorer but the problem is I dont know whether the copies of fmradio apk is injected with the odex (nor do I know what this means :p)

I tried installing with root explorer with both normal fmradio apk (on xda) when that didnt work I tried with fm radio apk and the odex file (found on androidcentral). Both will NOT show up on the app list when I am in the home menu.

When I tried installing the fmradio apk with quick sshd at systems/app it shows up in my app folder in the launcher but keeps foreclosing...

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay,

I followed your instructions and flashed the fmradio zip from the SD card but when I reboot afterwards, the radio does not show up.

I went into recovery and selected option to select my own zip from sd and when i select it, it tells me this action cant be undone and then i click yes, reflash screen is so quick i dont know what it says but afterwards it gives me option so I reboot.

But it wont show up on the launcher... Any ideas why this is happening?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Not sure but you can rule out the zip from being the problem. I flashed the zip and much to my chagrin, I now have a working HTC fm radio app and widget.

Time to remove them :)

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Figured out what the problem is, for some reason my mac unzipped the file after downloading and erased the signature. I redownloaded and reflashed and everything works perfectly!

Thanks for all your help! Should've came here sooner rather than wasting my time trying to figure it out on my own!

Will it be bad for the system if I erased the widget?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Figured out what the problem is, for some reason my mac unzipped the file after downloading and erased the signature. I redownloaded and reflashed and everything works perfectly!

Thanks for all your help! Should've came here sooner rather than wasting my time trying to figure it out on my own!

Will it be bad for the system if I erased the widget?

No sir. feel free to get rid of the widget as the app can operate without the widget but the widget cannot operate without the app.

Remember the widget is named com.htcfmradiowidget.apk (or something like that) where as the app is named htcfmradio.apk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers