HELP. What's the simplest, easiest way to root my Evo???

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Here are the steps to using unrevoked laid out step-by-step:

[GUIDE] One Click How to Root the EVO with Unrevoked 3.21 - xda-developers

Watch the video first so that you understand everything before you start going through the steps. It took about 10 minutes.

And I still do not understand...

Why are there some who are so negative about the new unrevoked with the full root?

It there anything that you lose by using the new unrevoked full root?

Sorry, I just don't understand the issues.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Here are the steps to using unrevoked laid out step-by-step:

[GUIDE] One Click How to Root the EVO with Unrevoked 3.21 - xda-developers

Watch the video first so that you understand everything before you start going through the steps. It took about 10 minutes.

And I still do not understand...

Why are there some who are so negative about the new unrevoked with the full root?

It there anything that you lose by using the new unrevoked full root?

Sorry, I just don't understand the issues.

You lose your ability to trouble shoot if anything happens that you don't like. Then you come back here complaining how you don't know what you did, to trouble shoot.

Reactions: d3xn2o

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If those from unrEVOked were more open with their method it'll be a LOT easier to help people. But since they guard it like they have nuclear secrets there's not much we can do. I think it really goes against what Android is all about to be honest. But w/e. Do as you may. Right way > easy way

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If those from unrEVOked were more open with their method it'll be a LOT easier to help people. But since they guard it like they have nuclear secrets there's not much we can do. I think it really goes against what Android is all about to be honest. But w/e. Do as you may. Right way > easy way

definitely +1

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
But once the deed is done, even with unrevoked, is it the same full root?

And forgive me for the next question...

Some have posted that they have used unrevoked even after they are rooted to set their Android phone's security level to S-OFF. Even an unrootable OTA update will still be able to reflash a custom recovery image?

I am only rooting to get Titanium Backup, and a few other apps. I am not installing ROM, theme's etc.

lowetax

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
although i'm still finishing up some extended tax returns by the 15th (ugh) and like my stock EVO, i want to root - just because you can! i want everything to work and be able to try out the different ROMS, delete/rename crapola, etc.
so it's the easy way or the 'right' way... if i have a problem how close are you Jersey guys to Exit 109? :)
i love going 75 mph on the water flying my Lowe Blow Jersey Speed Skiff, but don't want to brick this EVO!

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
although i'm still finishing up some extended tax returns by the 15th (ugh) and like my stock EVO, i want to root - just because you can! i want everything to work and be able to try out the different ROMS, delete/rename crapola, etc.
so it's the easy way or the 'right' way... if i have a problem how close are you Jersey guys to Exit 109? :)
i love going 75 mph on the water flying my Lowe Blow Jersey Speed Skiff, but don't want to brick this EVO!

Hello Jersey Nanite... I'm up by Exit 140 Jerzy is a little further I believe...

try it the real way and we're willing to help... your buying the beer though

lowetax

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
@iroc - when i shake my EVO, Shootme snaps a pic - i don't hear no shake, rattle and roll (you're too young to remember that phrase!) like with your EVO. pm me when you're getting ready to root your replacement EVO, i'll GSP up to Edison and root it the 'right' way as a learning experience (although a xda topgun said just unrevoke it and be done with it!) ... join us d3, i'll buy the beers! ain't paying no tolls though! :)

lowetax

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
@lj - we fly out for the boat races on mission bay each year - missed it last month due to son's wedding/planning - and $$$ :).
SD and santa barbara - nicest weather in the USA...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1