I can't get ANY non sense ROM to work on my EVO. I've tried CM6 (gonna try the first alpha release here in a minute), vaelpak (1.3, 2.0, and 2.1 with and without kingskernel), and superevo.

Any ideas why these won't flash for me? I've tried RA and clockwork recovery, wiping EVERYTHING (factory data, cache, and dalvik) installing a different sense ROM to see if that was causing issues (it wasn't), and every combination of flashing the ROM/kernel I can think of. I'm at a total loss now as to what it could be.

Any ideas?
    09-17-2010 01:16 PM
    When you say you are having "problems," what exactly do you mean? What type of error messages? ROM flashing but glitches/instability?

This information might help in troubleshooting.
    09-17-2010 01:19 PM
    Oops yeah good point. I get boot loops with every ROM. It won't go past the white HTC screen. I know that's usually related to not wiping the data properly but I've used both recoveries and wiped multiple times before flashing.
    09-17-2010 01:30 PM
    FWIW, Every non-sense ROM I've tried so far usually has random reboots after flashing.

So in a sense I have issues as well
    09-17-2010 09:38 PM
    What version of hboot do you have?

Edit - I should be more clear. I believe you need eng hboot 0.76.200 to flash an AOSP ROM
    09-17-2010 09:41 PM
    What version of hboot do you have?

Edit - I should be more clear. I believe you need eng hboot 0.76.200 to flash an AOSP ROM
    Yep I've got that HBOOT. But then again I can flash no problems, just random reboots. (diff roms, diff kernals)
    09-17-2010 10:27 PM
    Try a different recovery, easiest way to switch is through rom manager.
    09-17-2010 10:58 PM
    Yep I've got that HBOOT. But then again I can flash no problems, just random reboots. (diff roms, diff kernals)
    Yeah sorry my comment was meant for lillysdad. I saw you said reboot which wouldn't be caused by hboot but noticed he said bootloop which trying to flash an AOSP ROM with the wrong hboot will cause bootloops. Sorry for the confusion.
    09-17-2010 11:22 PM
    Try a different recovery, easiest way to switch is through rom manager.
    Already did this. It had no effect at all.

Yeah sorry my comment was meant for lillysdad. I saw you said reboot which wouldn't be caused by hboot but noticed he said bootloop which trying to flash an AOSP ROM with the wrong hboot will cause bootloops. Sorry for the confusion.
    HBOOT-0.76.2000 I thought of that too, but didn't mention it. A while back (maybe a month ago) I could get the CM6 nightly to flash. I tried the stable release and RC2 with no luck.
    09-18-2010 10:15 AM
    I too attempted to flash CM6 stable via Rom Manager premium, no dice. (I wiped data and cache) then I even chucked the CM6 download rom direct from CM's site onto the sd card...still wouldn't install.

Let me preface by saying I rooted with unrevoked 3 (using the IRC nightlies) and have ClockworkMod 2.5.01.

Lil help?

Oh, and I do have S-OFF
    HBoot 0.93.0000
    09-21-2010 07:45 AM
    For all...

Are we attempting to flash thru Rom Manager or in Recover?

you could always rename the Rom "Update.zip" and in recover hit that option...

I've heard this is an option for some who couldnt flash these Roms
    09-21-2010 08:19 AM
    I too attempted to flash CM6 stable via Rom Manager premium, no dice. (I wiped data and cache) then I even chucked the CM6 download rom direct from CM's site onto the sd card...still wouldn't install.

Let me preface by saying I rooted with unrevoked 3 (using the IRC nightlies) and have ClockworkMod 2.5.01.

Lil help?

Oh, and I do have S-OFF
    HBoot 0.93.0000
    You have the wrong HBOOT.
    09-21-2010 01:26 PM
    For all...

Are we attempting to flash thru Rom Manager or in Recover?

you could always rename the Rom "Update.zip" and in recover hit that option...

I've heard this is an option for some who couldnt flash these Roms
    I've tried both ways. I still haven't run the RUU to see if that solves the problem (I'm imagining it would but kinda wanna try other things first, you know, do it the hard way )

I'm running damage control right now and it's pretty good. I tried fresh but the market wouldn't download anything. I guess it's not so much that I want to completely get rid of Sense (hence me wanting to run vaelpak) but I want some vanilla android features (like the lock screen) and maybe try some other launchers (but I'm not sure how well they play with Sense).
    09-21-2010 01:28 PM
    you have the wrong hboot.

yuppppp
    09-21-2010 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD