Unevoked 3.21 rocks!

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I just used the test version of 3.21 and it rooted my stock Evo 2.2 in under 3 min. flat.

My wireless router is back up and running!!!!

Thanks Unevoked!

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Ew, unrevoked.

Seriously? Why would you say that? Unrevoked is a great option for those who aren't tech savvy. Just because you're a geek doesn't mean everyone is. Unrevoked gives some of the joys of root to those who would never be comfortable doing it the other ways.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? Why would you say that? Unrevoked is a great option for those who aren't tech savvy. Just because you're a geek doesn't mean everyone is. Unrevoked gives some of the joys of root to those who would never be comfortable doing it the other ways.

I'm not even a geek or advanced at tech stuffs, I do physical labor for a living...

I did it the "hard" way because I wanted to learn exactly what was being done to my device. Its not even hard it just requires reading, and as more and more people do stuff to there phones and don't know what's happening, problems arise and questions get asked that don't need to be simply because they don't want to take the time to read and find out for themselves, because they are LAZY. Not scared.

breakinghbts#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know where to sign up for the beta? I've done a few searches, and nothing came up. Thanks in advance....

Nevermind....found it thru an Dinc forum...

Last edited:

brooose#CB

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Still, it is lame to just judge people just because you like to dig in and figure things out. Not everyone enjoys that. Comments like "ew" really don't add much to the discussion and make the poster look like a......

I'm not even a geek or advanced at tech stuffs, problems arise and questions get asked that don't need to be simply because they don't want to take the time to read and find out for themselves, because they are LAZY. Not scared.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
For those wondering where to get this, you need to go into this IRC chat:

freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)

The link to the test version is at the top of the page. Also, you need to install the hboot driver on your computer. You can get the driver here:

public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

You will also need to uninstall HTC sync if you have it installed on your computer, and make sure you have USB Debugging enabled on your phone.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Still, it is lame to just judge people just because you like to dig in and figure things out. Not everyone enjoys that. Comments like "ew" really don't add much to the discussion and make the poster look like a......

The problem with unrevoked (and you'll find out) is when you want to run CM6. I started out with unrevoked and then I had to use simple root because I wanted to run CM6 (everybody should at least try it once to get a feel for AOSP).

The part about knowing what's being done to your phone is a preference. The unrevoked team said they will not release what exploit they used because it might compromise it and go away. This isn't an issue for me personally but for some it is.

It's also very hard to troubleshoot problems when you use unrevoked because of the fact that what it does to your phone isn't completely clear. Troubleshooting problems with other rooting methods (usually simpleroot) is 99% about the process itself, not after it's done.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not even a geek or advanced at tech stuffs, I do physical labor for a living...

I did it the "hard" way because I wanted to learn exactly what was being done to my device. Its not even hard it just requires reading, and as more and more people do stuff to there phones and don't know what's happening, problems arise and questions get asked that don't need to be simply because they don't want to take the time to read and find out for themselves, because they are LAZY. Not scared.

That's BS, just because you do physical labor for a living doesn't mean you don't have an aptitude for this kind of stuff. Are you lazy because you use a remote control, or a dishwasher or washing machine? Those are things that make people's lives easier and so does unrevoked so get off your high horse.

I know there are people who use it only because they want to wifi tether, not because they want to run custom ROMs or kernels. It may not be a good choice for everything, but for somethings it's a very good choice.

If you tell me you've never asked someone a question that you could have found out for yourself I'll call you a liar. We all do it at times.

ctmay4

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I used Unrevoked 3.2.1 RC yesterday and it was great. I am now running CM6. It is SO great to get rid of Sense I can't even explain it.

I could have done it the "hard way", but why? None of "hard way" instructions were difficult, but why not do it the easy way? The only oddity was that I needed to downgrade the eng hboot to be able to flash CM6. The xda post about that was pretty self-explanatory.

Now to figure out which kernel to flash...

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Lazy or maybe have limited free time for these things. I mean, come on, there's no need for that type of attitude.

NasTraDooMis

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Does 3.21 unlock Nand ?
I think im ready to take the plunge and root n rom me Evo 2.2 . My first Q is : How do i install the Nandroid 2.0 zip to do a back up ?
2. And from there How to use the unrevoked 3.21 .exe to root phone ?
3. Do i need to install the android sdk and the android usb drivers before hand, and how to do that ?

I plan on installing the new Vaelpak 2.1 bfs9 rom and need to know how exactly to do that.
Any help would be appreciated :):cool:

* Also, instead of doing a nandroid backup, can i use "titanium backup" after rooting to back everything up ? Does it back up contacts ?

NasTraDooMis

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Ooops, looks like a problem with bfs9.

"I believe a lot of the issues people are having is from the bfs9 kernal.

My evo would at times stay at 100% cpu usaged from the system. It would lag so bad that it would take bout a minute for the screen to turn on once the power button was pushed. Had to reboot each time to fix.

I since have flashed the bfs8 kernal over the 2.1 rom and have no further problems.

Yea this has pretty much been confirmed that it's BFS9 causing the problems. 2.2 will either go back to 8 or 10 if it is out."
[ROM] VaelPak 2.1 [9/13/10] - NonSense - [HTC7][BFS9][OC][UV][FPSU] - 3.28.651.1 OTA - Page 183 - xda-developers

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Alright, bag on me for not liking unrevoked fine.

Think of this- 9/10 problems people encounter, or things that need to be fixed are had by unrevoked users. And you cannot dispute that.

Maybe unrevoked has gotten better now, but why not take the solid, tried and true method? Besides unrevoked is 1 click and simple root is 3, I think 2 more clicks are worth it.

brooose#CB

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Alright, bag on me for not liking unrevoked fine.

Nobody is bagging on you for hating unrevoked. It was your judgment about all people liking unrevoked being lazy that set us off. Oh and the "ew" comment added nothing useful. Criticize by all means but lame comments like "ew" don't help. Like I tell my 7 year old....use your words.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Nobody is bagging on you for hating unrevoked. It was your judgment about all people liking unrevoked being lazy that set us off. Oh and the "ew" comment added nothing useful. Criticize by all means but lame comments like "ew" don't help. Like I tell my 7 year old....use your words.

So your whole post right there added what to the topic again? A little hypocritical there don't cha think.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So your whole post right there added what to the topic again? A little hypocritical there don't cha think.

Im on your side brotha...

Everyone knows where i stand on this program though...

Caused more issues then it solves...

Do it the real way and forget about this junk...

eventually youre gonna want to delete bloat or change up boot animations and such... Once that time comes up your not going to keep the same love for this program...

If you want to hack your phone actually do it dont let a program do it for you... you'll learn more and honestly its not that difficult its just reading and setting up SDK

SDK is as hard as installing AIM or Google Chrome...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams