I've paid attention to all of the threads about battery life. I've done my best to optimize my device for maximum battery life but I can't believe what I'm seeing. Tonight, I left my house at 5:30 with a fully charged device for a block party. At 10:30 tonight by battstat widget has my battery life at 83%. I am using setcpu for screen off profiles and a few others. I have wifi and 4g off, always on days unchecked, Google Talk auto sign in unchecked and only received about 15 emails (screen was off the rest of the time).

I am rooted with baked snack 1.7 with kernel #6. What gives? Just since typing this post it has dropped to 78%.
    09-18-2010 10:45 PM
    I will have to check my battery with Baked Snack but haven't notice an increase in battery drain. Some have reported that Netarchy kernel 4.1.9 is great with battery so maybe try flashing that over Baked rom.
    09-18-2010 11:47 PM
    I get great battery life with Baked Snack 1.7 with Kernal #6... I easily get 18 hours with 20% remaining... My battery does appear to drop fast from 100% to about 80% but from 80% to 20% it drops much, much slower.... and I have even pulled it off the charger 10 - 15 minutes after the light turns green and the initial drop is fast.

Only suggestion I have is install an app like "Spare Parts" and look at what might be eating your battery... Partial wake usage is where you might find some thing just eating battery quickly...

I had bad battery life the first couple of days I used Baked Snack and under partial wake usage "Android OS" was eating up a ton of battery... Powering the phone off and back on seemed to fix it..

Good Luck..
    09-19-2010 12:03 AM
    Got up this morning and after leaving it on all night on silent it was down to 51%. I have spare parts but dont see anything in there relative to battery usage.
    09-19-2010 09:44 AM
    Are you using setCPU? I read over at xda that using setCPU with a kernal that uses HAVS will drain your battery. I can sort of confirm this. I was using setCPU with both baked snack w/ #6 kernal and now I'm using fresh 3.2 with netarchy 4.1.9 beta. both use HAVS. I was observing unusual battery drain with both while using setCPU. I uninstalled setCPU yesterday and began to see some improvement with the battery drain. hopefully I can confirm this today with my regular weekday usage.
    09-20-2010 10:56 AM
    I use kernel #6 and noticed my battery improved when I went into spare parts and did:

Settings > End Button Behavior and set to Go to Sleep
    09-20-2010 10:58 AM
    I use kernel #6 and noticed my battery improved when I went into spare parts and did:

Settings > End Button Behavior and set to Go to Sleep
    could you explain what that does?
    09-20-2010 01:11 PM
    could you explain what that does?
    The end button is actually the power button when you turn the screen off. By default, the phone is supposed to go to sleep anyway, but with some custom ROMs it doesnt always do this. That ensures it is doing that.
    Richard_Danger likes this.
    09-20-2010 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD