RegawMOD Zip Maker v1.0 [09-18-10]

anon(9334)

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
RegawMOD Zip Maker is a very useful and easy-to-use Windows CLI (Command Line Interface). RegawMOD Zip Maker allows you to easily add stock Froyo apks AND/OR your own apks to your currently running ROM by creating a signed zip to flash in recovery, with NO adb/sdk knowledge needed whatsoever.

25gcnx1.png

Here is the Main Menu.

Steps to creating a signed zip:

1. Choose "0" at the Main Menu to set up a Working Folder
2. Choose "2" at the Main Menu to add apks to the Working Folder
3. Choose "5" at the Main Menu to Create a Signed Zip and flash in recovery!

It's that easy!

The other Menu options are:
1. Delete Working Folder
----This is in case you wish to restart and create a new Working Folder
3. Remove Apks From Working Folder
----This is in case you added an apk accidentally, and wish to remove it.
4. View List of Apks in Working Folder
----Choose this to view the current apks in the Working Folder
10. Advanced Settings
----Contains advanced settings for the program.
--------Enable/Disable Environment Check on Start Up
--------Change CLI Background/Text Colors
x. Exit
----Pretty self-explanatory...

Changelog
v1.0.1 [9-19-10]
-Patched to include Stock.apk (download and run the

v1
Public release

Download Web Installer 1.0 1.28 MB (Needs to have internet access to grab apks from server while running program!!!)
MD5: 4c16b3c957717bf890aad400938e84a3

Download Standalone Installer 1.0 79.0 MB (All Apks and HTC Sync Included)
MD5: 2e9b5efb4c6aa678cb8681757baa91d8

Download 1.0.1 Patch to add Stocks Apk 618 KB (This is ONLY a patch, not the whole program. Patches to version 1.0.1 to add Stock.apk.)
Run from the same directory on your computer that RegawMOD Zip Maker.exe and the folder named "tools" is in.
MD5: 98d895af813b61a889e920456ab71cec

Last edited:

anon(9334)

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I would LOVE feedback from anyone trying it out :p

Please share your thoughts, needs, possible additions, anything!

It's already been through 4 rounds of beta testing, so it's been almost completely recoded for stability and user-friendliness

anon(9334)

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Patched to 1.0.1 to add Stocks apk to the HTC apps section.

Install the program, then run the 1.0.1 patch in the same directory as the program exe

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I just created a couple of dummie zips just to test functionality and it worked flawlessly. I had no problems at all. Awesome work as always!

@Everyone
Make sure you click the thanks button on regaw's post if this helps you. This tool has the potential to shape future ROMs as now dev's will no longer feel obligated to include all the crap or provide and update zip for anything removed.

EDIT - Just a thought but maybe add a "special apk" section which could include things like the NFL apk that was ripped out of the VzW phones, the blockbuster app, the motorola multi-touch keyboard, the hulu app .... things like that. I know people can do the drag and drop in your tool if they already have the apk but some people might not know about all the juicy goodness thats floating around.

In an effort to save you time also you could tell people that if they want an apk added, they must provide a link to the original creators thread. That would save you from chasing you're tail all over and make sure people are getting the proper credit.

Last edited:

jmart75

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway to get the News program back? I didn't see it as a default option. I only see the HTC Newsreader widget. I tried to add it under other programs, but it didn't work. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated.

andmcdon

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to get Sprint TV (and a few other sprint apps) back. Could someone give me some help on how to do that?

It would be really helpful. It's the best app for keeping my kids quiet in the car.

forum_user_99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Unbelievably useful, powerful tool. I appreciate all the hard work. I accidentally removed Friend Stream and then read KSmith's post about how deeply it was integrated. Wanted to install back and found this post/tool.

I have a couple of suggestions.

a) Can you please update the first post with newbie installation instruction. It took me a couple of minutes to launch the application. No big deal, but it may be easier for noobs like me.
b) Is there a way to install stock Mail app using this application. I was not able to find the 'Mail' app. I run maildroid, but would like to keep mail just in case. I accidentally uninstalled ( zealous cleaning on my part to reduce clutter and save battery)

Thanks once again for the useful and hard work.

I would like to be your beta test.

I will signup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21