Evo HDMI out mirroring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Is this a hardware or a software issue? Do you think that someone could hack HDMI out to mirror what's on the screen of the Evo on the TV?

---

Orrebmas is a stud! Congrats HERE is the first public beta for sense roms, root is needed. Also some the modules and such are needed, so flash THIS after installing the .apk.

WOOT!

Last edited by a moderator:

PSULatino

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
So who is working on it?? This is the only thing that so far I don't like about the EVO. I really want to be able to watch sprint tv on my TV, just for ESPN mobile. But it sucks that the function is not really fully utilized.

Wizhk

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I read in another forum or post here, that the maker of 'Real HDMI' is getting an Evo and will be working on this.

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey ... What article or forum did you see where the guy was working on the full hemisphere control ? I would like to keep up with the work being done on it. This is one of the things that would rock if I could get decent playback of the movies downloaded to my phphone or maybe a little Justin tv or adthe...

thomlanphear

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Just got my EVO so I am still learning. Are you guys saying that the HDMI out doesn't show TV? I was thinking aabout getting Slingbox and using my phone to be able to watch my tv at camp thru my phone and an HDMI cable. It sounds like that won't work.

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Guess this thread is hitting a dead end ? I dont see anywhere that Gman is working on an app for the EVO ? Anybody know of anyone else that may be working on this ?

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Correct, it won't work.

HTC crippled the HDMI out feature to only allow personal movies you made on your Evo using the built in camera and photos to use the HDMI out port.

Individual applications can enable it but other than that it is a wasted port. I am sure someone will 'fix' this issue one way or another.

Just got my EVO so I am still learning. Are you guys saying that the HDMI out doesn't show TV? I was thinking aabout getting Slingbox and using my phone to be able to watch my tv at camp thru my phone and an HDMI cable. It sounds like that won't work.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
There's a few apps outside of the gallery app that can use the hdmi function. MediaFly, TV.com, Rock Player just to name a few. There's definitely a way to get all media to play someone just needs to mess around with it.... Surprised nobody has..

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
There's a few apps outside of the gallery app that can use the hdmi function. MediaFly, TV.com, Rock Player just to name a few. There's definitely a way to get all media to play someone just needs to mess around with it.... Surprised nobody has..

We be lazy thats why we havent yet... :cool:

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
We be lazy thats why we havent yet... :cool:

haha. I wish I knew how to do all this **** man!! I have SOOO Much time in my hands it's not even funny. I've been on workers comp since december lol. Had the surgery in June and wont be back to work (though not fully recovered) sometime next month. I can get so much **** done but I don't know how to do the really heavy stuff.. grrrr Someone teach me ! LOL

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
haha. I wish I knew how to do all this **** man!! I have SOOO Much time in my hands it's not even funny. I've been on workers comp since december lol. Had the surgery in June and wont be back to work (though not fully recovered) sometime next month. I can get so much **** done but I don't know how to do the really heavy stuff.. grrrr Someone teach me ! LOL

Tons of info on XDA brotha... Just Sayin' Everything you need is there... :cool:

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Tons of info on XDA brotha... Just Sayin' Everything you need is there... :cool:

Ya I gotta troll myself over to xda more often. I'm never on it. Got flamed hard for asking if anyone plans on improving the hd recording to I skee skeeded my way outta there and haven't been there since.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ya I gotta troll myself over to xda more often. I'm never on it. Got flamed hard for asking if anyone plans on improving the hd recording to I skee skeeded my way outta there and haven't been there since.

lol was i part of that flaming? haha

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
So everything is at a stand still ? I was really hoping there would be more interest in it . I would love to be able to use Swarm to download a movie and then plug it in where ever I go just plug and play . That would be awesome. I sent Gman a mesage just to check , but I know he haas his hands full..

Status
Not open for further replies.