anybody tried this ROM?

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, it flashed just fine for me with ROM Manager, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would so I am going back to Fresh for now.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you want to get the AOSP experience I highly suggest CM6, it's my favorite and has been my daily driver since RC1.

If you've followed my experiences (and I don't blame you if you don't :p ) I've had numerous problems flashing non-sense ROM's. IDK why and I haven't been able to figure it out.

I download my ROM's at work and the download finished but I had an emergency so I didn't get to try it. I will give it a shot tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If you've followed my experiences (and I don't blame you if you don't :p ) I've had numerous problems flashing non-sense ROM's. IDK why and I haven't been able to figure it out.

I download my ROM's at work and the download finished but I had an emergency so I didn't get to try it. I will give it a shot tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes.

That's a bummer but I think maybe you're just wiping data, cache, dalvik and sd-ext, You can also wipe System and that is a sure fire way of just getting whatever ROM you're loading to have a clean slate.

I use clockworkmod and I can format, system, cache, data, sd-ext and dalvik, I think usually a "wipe" is only data, cache, sd-ext and dalvik. That's probably the reason of when you go AOSP from a Sense based ROM b/c Sense data is left in System.

Also, specifically to CM6 you have to be using the .76 version of the engineering bootloader, .79 will not work.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, I had the urge to play with some more ROMs (I think I have a new addiction :p) so I came back to this one after reading through a few more pages of the thread over at XDA. I have to take back what I said before. Took me a little while to get everything the way I have it now, but I do have to say this ROM is pretty amazing.

This really isn't totally a non-sense ROM. It is Sense based but the Sense launcher has been removed and replaced with LauncherPro. There is still a lot of Sense in the ROM, but much of it can be replaced with the AOSP elements if you download the zips and flash them.

Right now I'm running it with the AOSP lock screen, VirusXroM theme, and the black splash screen. (this splash screen is AWESOME BTW) Still debating on the smooth and stock fonts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC