Terminal Emulator

marko358

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I left my usb cable at home and wanted to change my boot animation after flashing a new ROM. Can someone help with the commands I would need to use to push the new zip file to the right spot?

I saved the new bootanimation.zip to my download folder of the sdcard (/mnt/sdcard/download).

Thanks in advance.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You can do this thru Root Explorer I believe...

just replace the Boot Animation in System/Media

I think... Ive never done it like this but others have... someone chime in

Reactions: Kevin OQuinn

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
You can do this thru Root Explorer I believe...

just replace the Boot Animation in System/Media

I think... Ive never done it like this but others have... someone chime in

Yes, make sure it's named 'bootanimation.zip' and just drop it in the system\customize\resource folder. Rename or copy the existing bootanimation.zip if you want it all stored on there for easy swapping.

I've done it this way and it's easy - just reboot and enjoy.

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, make sure it's named 'bootanimation.zip' and just drop it in the system\customize\resource folder. Rename or copy the existing bootanimation.zip if you want it all stored on there for easy swapping.

I've done it this way and it's easy - just reboot and enjoy.
I've found that's for most sense roms. For non sense do wat *DEX* said
System/media
Rename the old boot .bak and paste your new one

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I attempted to change my boot animation a few minutes ago and ran into some problems.
Using ADB I have done this before. Using a file manager I am having issues.

I am used Astro file manager. I then navigated to \resource. However the bootanimation file was set to -r- (read only I assume). I could not rename or move the file. Got permission error every time I tried.

I ran the File Permission Fix on ROM manager but no luck. Restarted phone: same.

Not sure what is going on here. Am I using the wrong file manager?

Restoring a different ROM to see if that changes anything.

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't redo the rom save yourself the trouble. You CAN'T do this in astro you need a file manager that can have root permission ie root explorer

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the fast response! I already reflashed my old ROM. (I think I like it better anyway)

I thought that might be the case. Was going to try Root Explorer but it is a paid app. Didnt want to buy if it was not going to solve problem.

Thank you for the advice. If I find myself wanting to do this a lot I'll buy Root Explorer.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the fast response! I already reflashed my old ROM. (I think I like it better anyway)

I thought that might be the case. Was going to try Root Explorer but it is a paid app. Didnt want to buy if it was not going to solve problem.

Thank you for the advice. If I find myself wanting to do this a lot I'll buy Root Explorer.

Root Explorer was the very first app I actually purchased and it was totally worth it.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember there was a 24-hour refund policy for all purchased apps?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude