wifi tether slowness

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just finally got the opp to use wifi tether while on call the other night and at my second job with no wifi access.
I saw it connect pretty quickly and without a hitch, but this thing was sooooo immensely slow it was painful. (like dial up slow)

I was under the impression that it would transmit whatever data speed you were currently on for 3G or 4G, but that does not appear to be the case.
I thought I saw some other reports on Google that this is common, but wanted to make sure from some vetrans on here.
This was one of the main reasons I rooted besides the FPS unlocks. but now with the OTA, tethering and tinkering is the only reason I have to be rooted I can think of right now. lol

renegadetx

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the opposite problem. When I enable wifi and connect my iPod touch, my download speeds are twice as fast on the touch as they are on the phone itself. Maybe there are some settings I don't know about. BTW this applies when I am on 3g and 4g. Uploads are the same speed on the phone and on the wifi connected device. Strange.

supchaka

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I find that even on its slowest day its still more than adequate for any kind of web browsing. On a speed test I can get up to 1.2m then the next day at the same location only 450k. Its not super consistent, but always good enough for me not to complain.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried again today because our primary and backup circuits were down at work. so a good time to test.
I got 18MB DL speeds in a horrible area where I normally drop service completely.

Last week when I tried and had good 3g and 4G speeds, I was getting below dial up speeds.

Wierd!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech