New OTA update? (10/4/2010)?

infoe

May 24, 2010
Visit site
checking emails on my evo this morning saw an OTA update was available. Havent, been on forums in a while. Now I stayed away from it like the plague because last time I updated to 2.2 and that was painful for me.

I'm not seeing any chatter of the new OTA if its safe to download or not? In either case I cancelled it, but could it be that newest version of Unrevoked can be ran after that OTA is installed?

Last edited:

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
checking emails on my evo this morning saw an OTA update was available. Now I stayed away from it like the plague because last time I updated to 2.2 and that was painful for me.

I'm not seeing any chatter of the new OTA if its safe to download or not? In either case I cancelled it, but could it be that newest version of Unrevoked can be ran after that OTA is installed?

Are you Root?

infoe

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes I am rooted with the going back to 2.1 and simplerooting to 2.2 method. My wife's phone is rooted straight from the box when I got it for her with Unrevoked 3. Neither one of us took the OTA update today.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes I am rooted with the going back to 2.1 and simplerooting to 2.2 method. My wife's phone is rooted straight from the box when I got it for her with Unrevoked 3. Neither one of us took the OTA update today.

Dont... Watch the boards for the Root Version...

*Note my Signature*

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Having to post, so that people can read your signature.. kinda defeats the purpose of having it in your signature so you don't have to post it .. right? haha :)

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Having to post, so that people can read your signature.. kinda defeats the purpose of having it in your signature so you don't have to post it .. right? haha :)

In another thread someone stated they only Partially read... So I needed to point it out this time... :p