Myn RLS 2 is out!

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Sooo.. I have to ask.. Is this updated Myn RL2 gonna replace anyone's main ROM?

I gave it a long test, and even donated. Can't see it replacing Vaelpak, however. Vael is consistently faster, more reliable, and no sense. And the dizzy eyecandy effects of Myn's rom started to get on my nerves.

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
my favorite rom and current for the forseeable future...

Notes:

Big fan of Sense and the glass theme was just icing on the cake (the bottom tray has a WP7 ring to it)

Screen animations look great IMO, may get annoying from time to time but not enougn for me to turn them off..

went back to king#9 kernel immediately after testing out #11... #9 is noticably faster and more fluid in performance, plus it averages 300-350 higher quadrant score than #11 (maybe #11 is built more for battery?)

fonts looked awesome at first but not practical throughout the whole OS (web, email, sms, etc.) so i went stock

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Big issue with Myn is that the Market doesn't seem to work right for me... even after clearing the cache and data. Apps just hang instead of downloading. That's enough for me to go elsewhere, but there are also problems with run-away apps that spike CPU, such as Doggcatcher, which I use all the time.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Big issue with Myn is that the Market doesn't seem to work right for me... even after clearing the cache and data. Apps just hang instead of downloading. That's enough for me to go elsewhere, but there are also problems with run-away apps that spike CPU, such as Doggcatcher, which I use all the time.
seems to be a big problem everyone is having...

heard the clear cache, force close, then re open MAY fix it.

but this is a serious issue that needs to be discussed.

if u dont get it to work, i say try wiping the phone completely, even the cache and dalvik, THEN reloading the rom and starting fresh to see if it works.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: Kevin OQuinn

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Man, I'm loving this ROM. With Netarchy's kernel I'm getting amazing battery life. The battery tweak did not get along with any kernel I've used besides stock though. It seems to suck more battery.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember you having those links on the first post when I first posted them?

From my HTC EVO using Tapatalk pro.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Any suggestions on what kernel to use?

It needs to be one without HAVS in order to use battery tweak correctly.

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
Sooo.. I have to ask.. Is this updated Myn RL2 gonna replace anyone's main ROM?

My main ROM was Vaelpak, then I flashed Myn RLS1 last week and havent looked back. RLS2 is even better than RLS1. Its going to take one hell of a ROM to make me change now. Its has speed, beauty, and is excellent on battery. Just look at this battery usage pic from today. Yesterday I had so much battery power left last night, I played Homerun battle 3D for about an hour, so that I would have a reason to charge it overnight lol.

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
Any suggestions on what kernel to use?

It needs to be one without HAVS in order to use battery tweak correctly.

Use Kings CFS #11. Some people have had luck running the battery tweak some had not. I haven't tried it myself, but my battery life with Kings CFS #11 are comparable to people who are using the tweak on the stock kernel. Plus Kings CFS #11 is one of the most touch-responsive kernels I have used.

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com

I had the same issue with ROM's prior to Myn's and with RLS1. What I did to get it to work was Force close the market, clear the data in the market. Go sign into Google Talk. If it doesn't sign in, give it a few tries or just turn your screen off and wait 5 minutes (both have worked). After you sign in, your downloads will start back up. But since last saturday, I havent had the issue again.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
i just installed Rls 2 and installed the battery tweak, will report back and let everyone know how good it does on battery.

just so everyone knows, RLS 2 installs with a stock htc kernel, then you have to flash the battery tweak afterwards and its a separate download as well.

i used settings #1 which is the 1152mhz battery tweak settings.

if i think its too slow or has issues, ill def disable the tweak and load up kings #11 to see what its all about, that battery life is incredible.

i have to say,im amazed at how the advances in this roms lead to optimizing things so well...

if only all devices were "open" *cough motorola cough*....

Last edited:

SanGo

May 13, 2010
Visit site
MMS seems to only work for me when Wifi is turned off. It's only a minor nuisance but its a problem I haven't had before.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Alright, fully charged to 100%, rebooted the phone, now lets see how long and well she holds up with this new tweak and rom.

edit, also having issues with mms.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
On all roms including being stock, I can't get mms over WiFi. Not a big deal really though.

Battery tweak is the same thing as using set CPU profiles, unless I'm missing something.

Been using stock kernel with set CPU, I get good batt life I suppose, gonna see what cfs 11 is all about now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995