ASOP vs sense custom rom

jperez0913

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have tried several different roms over the past few months and it seems as if sense is just not as snappy as my current ASOP rom (vaelpak 2.2.) currently using HTC's kernel #11 and not overclocked or using setcpu by any means. Has anyone else noticed the difference in speed between the two set of roms, or is just me? Even loading webpages on a mediocre 3g signal, 600 kbs give or take, is a breeze on my evo running the vaelpak Rom. Any ideas as to what gives?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
There was a post on a thread somewhere sometime before (real specific right? lol) about the difference between sense, non-sense, and AOSP.

Sense is what comes stock, also known as Rosie. Non-sense are ROM's like Vaelpak that have most of sense removed but leave bits and pieces in there (it also looks like sense to the market and stuff). AOSP is basically Cyanogen Mod. It's built off of the Android Open Source Project source code, so it's not associated with HTC or sense at all. It's as close to vanilla android as we can get on the EVO. (Think Nexus 1 ROM on the EVO and you're pretty close)

Some devs put more time and effort into the speed of the ROM, and vael IMO is one of them.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Vael is not aosp. Cyanogen mod and emerald alpha, are aosp.

Sense has a lot more memory taken up along with being not as snappy. I like aosp, and sense.