Seem to have deleted all files from system/customize/resource folder

msa6

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Oops. Looks like I messed up somehow in Root Explorer as I tried to delete some wallpaper files from the system/customize/resource folder. So far I can see that I've lost my boot up animation (not a problem), but I'm trying to figure out what else I may have lost that I might want. I have a nandroid backup I can restore to, but it's a couple of weeks old and if I can somehow replace the files in the folder that I might really need/miss, I'd rather do that.

Any suggestions? I'd happily repopulate the folder with all the files that were originally in it...then I can start over deleting. Thanks.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Oops. Looks like I messed up somehow in Root Explorer as I tried to delete some wallpaper files from the system/customize/resource folder. So far I can see that I've lost my boot up animation (not a problem), but I'm trying to figure out what else I may have lost that I might want. I have a nandroid backup I can restore to, but it's a couple of weeks old and if I can somehow replace the files in the folder that I might really need/miss, I'd rather do that.

Any suggestions? I'd happily repopulate the folder with all the files that were originally in it...then I can start over deleting. Thanks.

Things in resource folder
-boot animation(which you already knew)
-Htc wallpapers
-the preview pic for internet bookmarks(not sure but these will probably rebuild as you add them)
-the pictures of bigben, Colosseum,EiffelTower,StatueOfLiberty.(i can't remember but they are for some app could be flickr or something,they are not needed.)
If need be i could throw up a flashable zip to put back everything that would be there from factory.

msa6

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
So far not having any of this doesn't seem to be a problem. I had already gotten rid of the boot up sound, and have also lost the boot animation. I now just get a very sedate "android" on the screen with a shimmering light effect. Much better than that yellow thing I had to deal with.

If I wanted to put up a new boot animation, what's the simplest way to do it (and the coolest boot animation around)?