Kings BFS11 just released

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Just got the tweet literally less than 10 minutes ago that Kings BFS11 is out. Lets hope it's better than 10.. Downloading it now. I'll report back in about an hour...

Changelog:

Kernel #11

- HAVS is now OUT. We are not currently using it
- Using SVS for voltage regulation at the moment
- Battery life should be great now
- I forgot about an awful lot of longs and ints that will overflow on 32 bit now with u64 deadlines. Fix them.
- Add some macro tidiness
- Make sched_clock sanity checking robust and standardised, using jiffy
difference as upper limit, and use nominal 1us when difference cannot be
trusted.
- In layman's terms these are all MAJOR fixes to his BFS scheduler
- These fixes will provide a performance and stability boostChangelog:

KingxKlick Forums • View topic - [KERNEL] [2.6.32.24] [HAVS] [BFS] KiNgxKernel #11/#11

Update: Holy ****... With my replacement Evo, I haven't been able to o/c past 1152 with ANY kernel without it instantly locking and rebooting.............................................. with BFS 11 I'm at min/max 1267 set to performance o_O Benchmarks coming REALLY soon...

Last edited:

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Nope... Kings CFS11 was released a while ago. This is the BFS 11

His tweet

kingklick92 New HTC Evo BFS Kernel #11 is live! Major overhaul you'll want to check this one out at http://kingxklick.com
24 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ugh... I think I'm having the same problem with it as I was with BFS10... it stays awake all the time. Something is killing the resources. It's definitely the kernel. I've switched to bfs8 and back to netarchy 4.1.9.1 and didn't have the problem. Just flashed bfs11 again and back to 100% up/awake time... Would o/c it too much cause it to not sleep?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ugh... I think I'm having the same problem with it as I was with BFS10... it stays awake all the time. Something is killing the resources. It's definitely the kernel. I've switched to bfs8 and back to netarchy 4.1.9.1 and didn't have the problem. Just flashed bfs11 again and back to 100% up/awake time... Would o/c it too much cause it to not sleep?

I don't think OC should keep it from sleeping.I do want to say watch it at them high of CPUs,safe speed for evo and nexus is 113.I would say check under settings,about phone,tell me what it says has been using battery(top2) is fine.

Then do this

adb shell
top -m 5 -n 1

If you can do the top -m 5 -n 1 like three times and post the results here.Might be able to figure it out this way or might have to dig a little deeper.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok so it's been on for about 10 minutes since my last reboot (wiped cache and dalvik again just to be sure). Batery use is showing

Android System 51%
wifi15%
Cell Standby 14%

Now it's not showing 100% up/awake anymore. But it's still sluggish even with the CPU set lower....

Here's after about 20 minutes since rebooting

IMAG0451.jpg

This is after about 40 minutes

IMAG0452.jpg

Last edited:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Nothing really looks wrong in any of those pic's.If it starts to have that 100% awake time run it again for me.
As far as it being sluggish,i would say try downloading android system info and open it,there it will show how much ram you have you might be running low on ram if thats the case we can take care of that. ;)

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
It's running sluggish, and I have 121mbs of memory.. I noticed something weird btw. I was just running fps2d. It started great at 54 then after a few seconds it just plummeted to around 20-30. If I tapped the screen to reset, it'll do the same, or it'll just start somewhere in the 30's or so. Also, getting 7's in Linpack o_O

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Im thinking your phone don't like that kernel.lol.I was going to say let it run for awhile and maybe it would smooth out but you have it on for a little while it should of clammed down by now and stared running smooth.

Reactions: Jerzyiroc

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
:( I was afraid that might bet he case... sigh... I don't get it. The last 3 Kings BFS kernels have just not played nice with me at all. Not even my last phone. This REALLY sucks man... I'm gonna wipe the caches again and reflash it. Maybe it'll work.. If not.. then ****. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again dude.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
:( I was afraid that might bet he case... sigh... I don't get it. The last 3 Kings BFS kernels have just not played nice with me at all. Not even my last phone. This REALLY sucks man... I'm gonna wipe the caches again and reflash it. Maybe it'll work.. If not.. then ****. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again dude.

Yeah i know what you mean i ran one of his kernels awhile back on the gf phone and it was pretty kicka**.Something after that has changed.lol.Ksmith and me have found that netarchys seem to do the best for us.I haven't looked around at the sources lately,might be about time for me to look at making another custom kernel.
Now that i just wrote everything below.lol.I had a little idea what rom are you running and could be the rom/kernel combo?

Just putting this here please don't think jerzy or me are hating and please don't come in here and bash or hate on anybody that builds kernels.Ill be the first to give respect to anybody that builds a kernel.Just the work to get everything set up and pulling down sources can take hours,not including the hours,days,weeks it takes to build one that would be stable enough to release.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah i know what you mean i ran one of his kernels awhile back on the gf phone and it was pretty kicka**.Something after that has changed.lol.Ksmith and me have found that netarchys seem to do the best for us.I haven't looked around at the sources lately,might be about time for me to look at making another custom kernel.
Now that i just wrote everything below.lol.I had a little idea what rom are you running and could be the rom/kernel combo?

Just putting this here please don't think jerzy or me are hating and please don't come in here and bash or hate on anybody that builds kernels.Ill be the first to give respect to anybody that builds a kernel.Just the work to get everything set up and pulling down sources can take hours,not including the hours,days,weeks it takes to build one that would be stable enough to release.

/\ What he said. I gave up on king kernels looooong ago and mostly use netarchy. Haven't looked back. If I'm not running a netarchy kernel I'm running some concoction Beez put together. Either way is win win lol :p

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunate to hear it's giving you issues.

I've been running Kings BFS #8 for a long time now and it's been absolutely rock solid with great battery life.

I've followed each release since #8 and they all seem to have issues so I haven't tried any new ones out yet. Plus with mine running so solid I haven't wanted to try anything new yet.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ya you need to wipe both cache and dalvik...

BFS 8 was the last Kings kernel that worked for me. No matter what kernel combo I had the same issue with something sucking resources with both 9 10 and now 11. I'm currently running VaelPak 2.3. I just installed it. But I tried it with VaelPak 2.2 and it was giving me problems. I wanna run 2.3 out for a few hours as is before I try this out again. I made the switch back to netarchy about a week ago and it was great. Great battery life, very stable and pretty quick. I've liked the Kings BFS series because they're usually so damn fast. But it's been a huge disappointment with 9 10 and now 11... sigh.. O well.. Hope it works for everything else!

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Vaelpak 2.3??

Hmmmm...

I dont see 2.3 but I know you donated and probably get early releases.

Any cool new features?!

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I got the early early release lol. It's not even up on the donors page of his site yet lol. It's based off the latest OTA, the one from like last week I think including the kernel. Some visual tweaks, new updated settings app, working swype, bunch of bug fixes, few other stuff. Can't think of any right now. But so far so good

Oo ya and ota support for future updates and patches ;) for the VaelPak rom

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde