Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
VaelPak. Can't go wrong. When the new settings app is released it'll be even better. The new settings app will allow you to download updates or patches (like kernels) and have it automatically install. No more downloading roms or kernels online, transferring to your sd card, wiping and flashing. Just tap the ROM update, kernel or whatever, tap yes.. and it'll do everything for you. It's a great feature for noobs and experts alike.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
go with vaelpak 2.3 and netarchy-toasted 4.1.9 havs.

i have a whole thread on kernels and their benchmarks. netarchy has good battery life. the best probably

remember that each kernel reacts differently with each ROM. netarchy might not work as well with myn's or CM6.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
go with vaelpak 2.3 and netarchy-toasted 4.1.9 havs.

i have a whole thread on kernels and their benchmarks. netarchy has good battery life. the best probably

remember that each kernel reacts differently with each ROM. netarchy might not work as well with myn's or CM6.

I've loaded VaelPack now and tried the netarchy aggressive and it kept rebooting my phone. I just loaded the less aggressive so hopefully that will make a difference.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
VaelPak. Can't go wrong. When the new settings app is released it'll be even better. The new settings app will allow you to download updates or patches (like kernels) and have it automatically install. No more downloading roms or kernels online, transferring to your sd card, wiping and flashing. Just tap the ROM update, kernel or whatever, tap yes.. and it'll do everything for you. It's a great feature for noobs and experts alike.

Oh cool. I will have to read up on that.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
you're probably using the newest netarchy-toasted mod, you need to search for the 4.1.9 havs

Here

I am currently using 4.1.9.1-cfs. It was listed under the stable release of it. Here at XDA. The aggressive one didn't work on the Evo. Twice it just randomly rebooted and then another time it froze and the phone was just vibrating until I pulled the battery.

Last edited:

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Once you're on VaelPak you don't have to ever wipe or anything again to update. As a matter of fact, with the upcoming VaelPak settings update you'll be able to update to newer VaelPak versions the same way you got official and did stock ota updates, just hit yes to update and that's it. All of his rom updates are based off whatever the latest official release is.

Reactions: PhantomPhreak53

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Once you're on VaelPak you don't have to ever wipe or anything again to update. As a matter of fact, with the upcoming VaelPak settings update you'll be able to update to newer VaelPak versions the same way you got official and did stock ota updates, just hit yes to update and that's it. All of his rom updates are based off whatever the latest official release is.

Where did you find this information? I tried searching on Xda and on VaelPak' a site. I don't see anything. LOL

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Jerzy has an in with super early info and future releases for vaelpak. If he says anything about that ROM believe him.

Lol not only that.... but I made a thread and video demonstrating it and posted it here. Its called sick new feature. Its still on the main page. He's actually released it on his forum as a beta. There's also an update to that update lol.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
An update to the update!? :p I still haven't went back to vael and finished setting it up and messing around with it. Even without a job it's hard to find the time sometimes.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Lol not only that.... but I made a thread and video demonstrating it and posted it here. Its called sick new feature. Its still on the main page. He's actually released it on his forum as a beta. There's also an update to that update lol.

Is it closed beta or can anyone get in on it?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You have become a member on his site. I didn't have to do anything other than that to get it. Unfortunately I haven't had time to try it out myself yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair