framework question...

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I just wasted my time editing the 3g and cell signal images in the drawable-hdpi-v4 file only to find out that those aren't the right ones. I can't find the correct ones and I JUST noticed the 4g signal images aren't in there either. So I'm assuming the 3g, cell signal, and 4g images have to be somewhere else.. Anyone know where it is?

Edit: NM. Found it (thanks Vaelek). It's in the /system/framework/com.htc.resources.apk effing 16mbs o_O 1200 images. Wow..

Last edited:

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
haha. I gotta say man, I'm having a LOT of fun with this. So far I've done the notification pull down backgroun, notification bar, status bar, almost all of the status icons (only have the battery icon to do, well over 100 of them..not looking forward to it), dialer, lock screen and a few other stuff. =D

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
haha. I gotta say man, I'm having a LOT of fun with this. So far I've done the notification pull down backgroun, notification bar, status bar, almost all of the status icons (only have the battery icon to do, well over 100 of them..not looking forward to it), dialer, lock screen and a few other stuff. =D

the evo only uses the 6 bar signal indication. You don't need to touch the 4 or 5 bar png's

I have a framework I made which does color coded signal strength. I use it from time to time its a neat little parlor trick.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
the evo only uses the 6 bar signal indication. You don't need to touch the 4 or 5 bar png's

I have a framework I made which does color coded signal strength. I use it from time to time its a neat little parlor trick.

Lol yaa..... learned that the hard way. I edited the first 4 bars.. then went looking for the 5th and 6th and realized it wasn't the right ones lol. I had to pull the com.htc.resources.apk and found it there. I'm about to dig into the HtcDialer.apk and work on the dialer. The hardest part of all this, is having patience, and trying to figure out what the images I'm looking at are for. There's been 3 images that I thought I knew what they were for, made them pink so it would stand out so I would know for sure, and didn't work. So one day I'm sure I'll see some random pink on my phone and then I will proceed to piss my pants lol. But so far so good. I haven't forgotten to sign the apk yet either before pushing lol. I did however make the mistake of pushing it while the phone was on... It deleted all my accounts. Thank god I did a nand backup right before I started. Hopefully I'll be done by today =D

Sweet you finally dug in Jerzy...

do you have the tool to sign stuff?

Hell ya man. Vaelek's been helping me out BIG time throughout this. Learning little by little, but I'm definitely getting it. I'm having a lot of fun doing this. When it's all done it may not be all fancy like Myn's, but at least I can say I did it on my own! =D

I do have a signing tool. The one posted in the How to make a theme section.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hell ya man. Vaelek's been helping me out BIG time throughout this. Learning little by little, but I'm definitely getting it. I'm having a lot of fun doing this. When it's all done it may not be all fancy like Myn's, but at least I can say I did it on my own! =D

I do have a signing tool. The one posted in the How to make a theme section.

Proud of you... :(

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If you don't like to bother with adb and the sdk to sign stuff, regaws zip signer is a one click signing tool, no adb.

I'm patiently waiting for whatever monsters you create in your laboratory jerzy lol

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If you don't like to bother with adb and the sdk to sign stuff, regaws zip signer is a one click signing tool, no adb.

I'm patiently waiting for whatever monsters you create in your laboratory jerzy lol

I think that's the one I use. The one from the how to make a theme's sticky. I don't sign the apk through adb, I just right click and click resign and that's it...

i don't know when I'll be done with this thing.. It's getting really frustrating because I'm hunting for certain images and either I can't find it, or I find what I THINK is it and waste time editing it for nothing. :\

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i don't know when I'll be done with this thing.. It's getting really frustrating because I'm hunting for certain images and either I can't find it, or I find what I THINK is it and waste time editing it for nothing. :\

Let us know what image specifically you're looking for and maybe folks can chime in and help.

Reactions: Jerzyiroc

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok a bit annoyed here... So I've been searching for the dialer buttons for a while now.. Only to find out that apparently htc has changed the dialer from actual images to XML files. Is this correct? If true am I sol with theming the dialer :(

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok a bit annoyed here... So I've been searching for the dialer buttons for a while now.. Only to find out that apparently htc has changed the dialer from actual images to XML files. Is this correct? If true am I sol with theming the dialer :(

Yeah they didn't some whacky stuff in 2.2 i now how to change the bottom couple buttons like* # but haven't really figured out how to edit the dialer in 2.2.Ill try to look around if it xml's just depends might not be too hard to edit it up to how you would like.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Dude that would be awesome man. All I wanna do it make the background black and the numbers white. I know you got tons on your plate already. If you ever get around to it let me know, that would own man. Btw, what about the gray background of where the call/keyboard open/close and call log? Is that not an image either?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Dude that would be awesome man. All I wanna do it make the background black and the numbers white. I know you got tons on your plate already. If you ever get around to it let me know, that would own man. Btw, what about the gray background of where the call/keyboard open/close and call log? Is that not an image either?

That one can be edited,it's in a goofy place if i remember right it's in framework-res,Im going to pop it open real quick and see if i can pin point the name of it.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Saaweeeeet lol

They have changed up so many things compared to 2.1.If im right it's going to be in the com.htc.resources>res>drawable-hdpi>phone_keypad_background...That should be it if not then holla and we'll see what else or where else it's hidden at.lol I had a list with all the png's listed and now it's pointless.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
They have changed up so many things compared to 2.1.If im right it's going to be in the com.htc.resources>res>drawable-hdpi>phone_keypad_background...That should be it if not then holla and we'll see what else or where else it's hidden at.lol I had a list with all the png's listed and now it's pointless.

:( That's not the one.. The one in the screenshot below is the one I'm looking for.. I'm almost about to give up. I've spend a total of about 15 hours in the last three days editing images that I thought was one thing and turned out it wasn't. It's really frustrating. Damn HTC for messing with crap that they didn't need to. This is why they take so damn long to put out updates?! To **** around with images in the framework!? GRR!! :mad:

Dialer.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney