Rooted, Flash New ROM?

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So I have rooted my Evo and am currently running Cyanogen 6.1RC. I'm thinking about flashing something else to see what else is out there and had a couple of questions.

- What other ROM would some of you recommend?
- If I decide I want to go back to Cyanogen, is there some easy way to restore everything without having to reinstall my programs and re set up my screens?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Before you flash anything, do a nandroid backup. That's done in recovery. There's a lot of threads about this. VaelPak (my personal favorite) AC Rom, and Myn's are the ones I'd recommend.

Reactions: adamspt2

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I started with Baked Snack and have stuck with it. I also have been interested in trying out some other ROMs.

Just like Jerzy said, before flashing, do a nandroid backup and if you want to go back just load the backup.

MonsterMatt

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Well if you like Sense Roms and don't want to stray to far from stock try Fresh 3.4.

That and Im also using Frost 3.1, CM6 Nightlies, and My current is VirusRom Airbourne 3.1 all of which have worked great and look simply amazing :p

I alway's just do a Backup through Rom Manager for me it's easier to use and you can name it right on the spot so it's easier to find.

Hope this helps :cool:

billyapd21

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Of course and if you end up needing any more help shoot me a PM and by far not a pro but I think I got a grasp on the basics:cool:

Hello all, I'm new to this forum but a long time user of ppcgeeks and xda. I come from the world of windows mobile. I've had the HTC Touch, Touch Diamond, and HTC Touch Pro 2. I recently upgraded to an Evo and Rooted using Unrevoked 3.2. My question is I want to try out Fresh Rom. I like HTC Sense and wanted to try a new rom which included sense. Ok, so first I downloaded Rom manager and made a Nand Backup of my current Rom. Next I downloaded Titanium backup. Do you have to make a backup of every app on your phone with Titanium backup? It doesn't seem very efficient. Is there a better option than Titanium backup?

So when I am ready to flash a rom after doing all the backups, do I just put the file on the root of my sd card and boot into recovery? Thanks for the help guys. New to android. I'm so used to flashing roms in windows mobile it's kind of hard for me to train my brain to do it a different way.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, I'm new to this forum but a long time user of ppcgeeks and xda. I come from the world of windows mobile. I've had the HTC Touch, Touch Diamond, and HTC Touch Pro 2. I recently upgraded to an Evo and Rooted using Unrevoked 3.2. My question is I want to try out Fresh Rom. I like HTC Sense and wanted to try a new rom which included sense. Ok, so first I downloaded Rom manager and made a Nand Backup of my current Rom. Next I downloaded Titanium backup. Do you have to make a backup of every app on your phone with Titanium backup? It doesn't seem very efficient. Is there a better option than Titanium backup?

So when I am ready to flash a rom after doing all the backups, do I just put the file on the root of my sd card and boot into recovery? Thanks for the help guys. New to android. I'm so used to flashing roms in windows mobile it's kind of hard for me to train my brain to do it a different way.

Use app brain to back up your apps, its free on the market.

And yeah, sounds like you got the basics down, thanks for reading rather than posting, much respect sir.

Last edited: