question about 2.02 s-off

Crucial#AC

May 23, 2010
Visit site
so i tried to root a friends evo with 2.02 hboot on it and never could get superuser on it ...

it does have s-off tho ... can i put a rom on the sd card in the PC36IMG form and flash it anyway ?

dont wanna brick it, they are too happy to get the phone lol

thanks for the help

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
if you go into adb and do adb shell what does it have? a $ or a # ? if you can't get super user it doesn't sound like it's rooted. that's what root does is give SU access.

Crucial#AC

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it Has root either but s-off and tried unrevoked 3.2.1 and it won't work.... also get the red triangle when trying to access recovery

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
okay, ill break this down completely easy-like. i think.

in the latest update packaged on new evo's 3.30, it includes a new H-boot that was previously not able to get S-off on. But you could get a level 2 root i believe, which is root without nand-unlock that survives a reboot, meaning you have root access for apps and such but not for flashing roms.

I havent tried it, or know anyone that has, but the guide you mentioned, achieves S-Off on the new H-boot, meaning you can flash roms. If you have S-off on the phone right now, but when you boot into recovery all you see is a red triangle, flash clockworkmod recovery from rom manager, and you should be all set to flash roms like normal.

Did that clear everything up for you?

Reactions: Kevin OQuinn

Crucial#AC

May 23, 2010
Visit site
okay, ill break this down completely easy-like. i think.

in the latest update packaged on new evo's 3.30, it includes a new H-boot that was previously not able to get S-off on. But you could get a level 2 root i believe, which is root without nand-unlock that survives a reboot, meaning you have root access for apps and such but not for flashing roms.

I havent tried it, or know anyone that has, but the guide you mentioned, achieves S-Off on the new H-boot, meaning you can flash roms. If you have S-off on the phone right now, but when you boot into recovery all you see is a red triangle, flash clockworkmod recovery from rom manager, and you should be all set to flash roms like normal.

Did that clear everything up for you?

when i go into rom manager and try to install either recovery they have there ... it gets an error and wont install either one ... tried to "fix permissions" and that wont run either

prdstm0nke

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Try to put a recovery image on ur sd root, name it pc36img, and reboot into recovery.

If it successfully flashes the new recovery from that pc36img you should be set to flash roms.

That's what I did.

Crucial#AC

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Try to put a recovery image on ur sd root, name it pc36img, and reboot into recovery.

If it successfully flashes the new recovery from that pc36img you should be set to flash roms.

That's what I did.

thats what i just did .... found a rooted stock rom with clockwork put it on there and flashed it ... changing settings as we speak ... so worked great .... thanks for the help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle