Landscape home screen

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
so im wondering if anyone has come across a solution that incorporates landscape into the Sense UI homescreen. I was playing with a friends Droid the other day and even her lock screen (with the pattern) swapped to landscape. Its becoming increasingly annoying having the kickstand out at work and looking at my screens and app drawer while having to keep my head tilted lol.

I know HTC doesnt feel the need to have it,but I was wondering if anyone knows any links to people possibly working on it. Im currently using the AC Rom here but it seems like I would have to install a senseless rom in order to get this.

Strange issue also is that the Sirius XM app supposedly doesnt support this either,but if one fires up the app while holding the phone sideways, it actually launches in landscape for a second or 2 then reverts back to normal.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yar that I did lol..but it seems the solutions im finding (launcher pro and ADW) arent exactly what I want.. I just toyed with ADW and didnt care much for it, and im having an IE8 issue with downloading Launcher pro. For some bs reason, and this happens alot, when I try to dl apks from my browser, it always gets them as .zips, and not the apk as intended.. Stoopid IE

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yar that I did lol..but it seems the solutions im finding (launcher pro and ADW) arent exactly what I want.. I just toyed with ADW and didnt care much for it, and im having an IE8 issue with downloading Launcher pro. For some bs reason, and this happens alot, when I try to dl apks from my browser, it always gets them as .zips, and not the apk as intended.. Stoopid IE

Use Chrome its very Android Friendly

Are you Root?

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
yeah im rooted. I do use chrome when that problem pops up, along with the Chrome to phone thingy..I just never got into the vib of using chrome. Been using IE since 1998 (along with Netscape hehe) so old habits die hard I guess.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
well guess ill have to move away from the "comfort zone" of IE and get into Chrome :p

Thanks for the replies btw, even calling me out on owning myself haha

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
well guess ill have to move away from the "comfort zone" of IE and get into Chrome :p

Thanks for the replies btw, even calling me out on owning myself haha

Its what Im here for If you look at any of my posts Im the Resident Buzz Kill :cool:

If you need anything The OG's and myself are more then willing to help...

Even if its simply to say "SEARCH" :p

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Its what Im here for If you look at any of my posts Im the Resident Buzz Kill :cool:

If you need anything The OG's and myself are more then willing to help...

Even if its simply to say "SEARCH" :p

IE beta 9 isn't bad. Chrome is still better, but IE9 will be pretty good.