Question regarding Root

pjwatson104

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I have the Evo and just rooted with unrEVOked 3. I only wanted to root so I can use wireless tether. Is there anything else that I should do? Is there a way to speed up my phone anymore than it already is safely?

And.. the biggest question I have is... If a new OTA comes out for the Evo, do I have to unroot before I apply the update, or could I apply the update and have it possibly break my root?

I am new to all of this and don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the Evo and just rooted with unrEVOked 3. I only wanted to root so I can use wireless tether. Is there anything else that I should do? Is there a way to speed up my phone anymore than it already is safely?

And.. the biggest question I have is... If a new OTA comes out for the Evo, do I have to unroot before I apply the update, or could I apply the update and have it possibly break my root?

I am new to all of this and don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks

Try looking up a app called AuotKiller memory optimizer.Set it to aggresive. That should keep a lot of the ram freed up which should give a boost.
About OTA if you accept the next OTA that gets pushed out it will more then likely break your root access. If you don't want to lose it maybe look into full root and recovery.(check sticky by Lj). There's usually always a stock rooted rom around that can be flashed.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Going to root tomorrow. I'm going to need some help from you guys. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar