Evo 2.2 root

Kiwi82

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I've been driving myself nuts trying to Root my EVO these past few days. I tried the OTA via unrevoked.com/m but received an error when trying to install the root.

I've tried the unrevoked.com website without much luck. The program installs on my windows PC properly, but when the phone powers down and reboots to the white screen with the text my pc keeps asking me to install HTC Android Drivers 1.0 or something. Basically the drivers are already installed but it won't go any further once this driver error populates.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

CG

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I've been driving myself nuts trying to Root my EVO these past few days. I tried the OTA via unrevoked.com/m but received an error when trying to install the root.

I've tried the unrevoked.com website without much luck. The program installs on my windows PC properly, but when the phone powers down and reboots to the white screen with the text my pc keeps asking me to install HTC Android Drivers 1.0 or something. Basically the drivers are already installed but it won't go any further once this driver error populates.

CG

Try this. [ROOT][GUIDE] HBoot 2.02 S-OFF - Like a Boss Edition! - Updated 11/20/10 - xda-developers

I can't vouch for it personally since I don't need it for my phone but assuming you have HBoot 2.02, it looks like this is the route you'll have to take. If you don't have HBoot 2.02, then look at the sticky in this forum on how to root.

Reactions: Kiwi82

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

CG

you downloaded the Unrevoked zip file--
but did you also download the Drivers they told you to download???
the zip file only works with specific drivers---this is why you're getting the error message

go here--download these drivers--and try again
public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]
(as stated in the FAQ section/instructions section of unrevoked.com)

this should work,
enjoy root!
-help out! don't forget the Thanks button if i've helped you-

Reactions: Kiwi82

Kiwi82

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll try that other link and see how it goes. I appreciate the help! - Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol