[ROM ALERT] Myn?s Warm TwoPointTwo - [RLS 4 - 11/25/2010] - Making Sense Of It All!

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
ROM ALERT: [ROM] Myn’s Warm TwoPointTwo - [RLS 4 - 11/25/2010] - Making Sense Of It All!

Source: [ROM] Myn’s Warm TwoPointTwo - [RLS 4 - 11/25/2010] - Making Sense Of It All! - xda-developers

Some of the features in RLS 4 (11-25-2010) include:
New Base - Official HTC 3.30.651.3 With 2.6.32.15-g59b9e50 #17 Kernel
Total overhaul of framework optimizing for speed. The fastest release yet!
Added Power Controls in notification pulldown (Thanks JsChiSurf, DJZager and HeyItsLou)
Added Hulu (Optional install)
New Warm themed Market
New default keyboard - Warm themed EVO HTC_IME (With arrows) (Thanks to DJZager - This guy is on fire)
HTC_IME_MOD from RLS 3 is available as optional install
New optional kernel designed for Warm TwoPointTwo by Ziggy471 (Thanks Ziggy471)
Browser modified so text reflow is disabled when using pinch-to-zoom (Thanks Calkulin and SNQ)
New font DarkStar/Coconut (Available as optional install)
Brand new custom Boot Animation and dropped the boot sound (Thanks wrx4memp)
WarmDesire FlipClock by Gomorrah (Available as optional install)
Faster boot time
Updated Rom Manager to 2.5.0.7
Updated Sprint Football Live to 2.2.44
Fixed debug icons appearing in Calendar app while using LauncherPro
Updated Wireless Tether to 2.0.5 Pre14
Sync / Charging titlebar icons now animated
USB Debugging titlebar notification icon removed
Updated Adobe Flash to 10.1.105.6
Rom update now forces recursive delete of CACHE during install/update
Updated Google Maps/Navigation to 4.7.0
Other minor bug fixes
And much much more..

Compatible Themes: Available at Source Link

Alternative Recommended Kernels:
Ziggy471 Warm TwoPointTwo RLS4 Kernel
HTC Stock 2.6.32.15-g0f673ed #10 Kernel
Kings #11 CFS Kernel
Kings #9 BFS Kernel
Basically, copy and pasting will do the trick.

Later,
Dave

Thanks to lowetax for the heads up on the release.

Last edited:
Reactions: DandyAndy

acstewart82

Android Lover
May 22, 2010
Visit site
Ive been using Myn since release 1 and absolutely love everything about it. It's beautifuk, snappy, smooth, and just all around great. This rom is no different. Keep up the good work and thank you for providing such an awesome Rom for us sense lovers. I look forward to any and all future releases.

KingGrimlock

May 8, 2010
Visit site
"Browser modified so text reflow is disabled when using pinch-to-zoom (Thanks Calkulin and SNQ)"

does this mean that when i zoom in on a page, the paragraphs will no longer shift to fit the screen?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
"Browser modified so text reflow is disabled when using pinch-to-zoom (Thanks Calkulin and SNQ)"

does this mean that when i zoom in on a page, the paragraphs will no longer shift to fit the screen?

Yup.. Still scratching my head at why they would even wanna do this o_O Other than that seems like it's really good. These guys are really making some nice improvements with every update.

I still can't believe I thread jacked d3x's Mui thread months ago to shout out Myn's, and now BOTH are incredibly popular lol. What I like the most about Myn's is the theme... so damn nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingGrimlock

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Yup.. Still scratching my head at why they would even wanna do this o_O Other than that seems like it's really good. These guys are really making some nice improvements with every update.

I still can't believe I thread jacked d3x's Mui thread months ago to shout out Myn's, and now BOTH are incredible popular lol. What I like the most about Myn's is the theme... so damn nice.

Bwahaha that was a good thread. Too bad it died out

Via TT

KingGrimlock

May 8, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the reply. yeah, i don't think i like the idea of the browser no longer having text reflow but it's definitely not a deal breaker, since i'm used to browsers on feature phones and blackberrys. this rom looks so clean, it might be the very first rom i flash on my phone (i'm rooted but have been running stock this entire time).

jack9offsuit

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Text reflow should still work on a double tap. I believe what they are doing is giving it an aosp browser experience. In the aosp browser, when you pinch to zoom it doesn't reflow however when you pinch to zoom then double tap the screen it will reflow the text for you.

Swyped from my hacked supersonic via Tapatalk Pro.

reverendrhino

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just re-installed the original Browser apk & I'm back and running Myn's Rom 4
thanks for the reply. yeah, i don't think i like the idea of the browser no longer having text reflow but it's definitely not a deal breaker, since i'm used to browsers on feature phones and blackberrys. this rom looks so clean, it might be the very first rom i flash on my phone (i'm rooted but have been running stock this entire time).

KingGrimlock

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just re-installed the original Browser apk & I'm back and running Myn's Rom 4

whoa, nice. maybe i should look into this as well. this rom looks amazing. the first thing i usually do is change wallpapers but the one on here goes so well with it. haha.
i'll have to take a look at installing the original browser apk and hopefully find the vanilla lockscreen and vanilla clock.
thanks for the browser update.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I know I always ask this, but coming from RLS3 do I need to wipe anything?

EDIT: Nevermind, read in thread he suggests a FULL wipe for optimal experience... I'll just wipe cache like normal and see if I have any issues... don't feel like doing a FULL wipe.

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried to update via Warm Updater? I tried but after the reboot I got the android with the triangle with exclamation mark inside...Just curious.

I will just flash normally when I get home.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried to update via Warm Updater? I tried but after the reboot I got the android with the triangle with exclamation mark inside...Just curious.

I will just flash normally when I get home.

If you're using Clockwork Recovery, this is why as it conflicts with WarmUpdater. I've had it happen before.

Since I like clockwork, I usually download via Warmupdater but hit Apply Later and boot into recovery myself to manually flash. If you want to actual use the functionality of WarmUpdater to do it all, install Amon Ra as Myn said it works with it.

Reactions: EVO1Android

lowetax

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I know I always ask this, but coming from RLS3 do I need to wipe anything?

EDIT: Nevermind, read in thread he suggests a FULL wipe for optimal experience... I'll just wipe cache like normal and see if I have any issues... don't feel like doing a FULL wipe.

Myn recommended a full wipe before flashing RLS 4
if you didn't do a full wipe before flashing RLS 4 (3.95) beta.

i've seen posts that people did full wipes and fresh install of RLS 4,
and then used clockworkmod recovery/advanced restore
to restore their data, and had good results with no issues.

nohbdyshero

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
whoa, nice. maybe i should look into this as well. this rom looks amazing. the first thing i usually do is change wallpapers but the one on here goes so well with it. haha.
i'll have to take a look at installing the original browser apk and hopefully find the vanilla lockscreen and vanilla clock.
thanks for the browser update.

Here is the AOSP/Vanilla clock so you are 1/2 way there

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech