Major Cyanogen 6.1 Bug

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I was texting most of the day today using the default Messaging app from Cyanogen. A little while ago it bugged out and all my texts got stuck at Sending... I wasn't even receiving texts anymore. Any fixes for future reference? I am restoring right now, will update when I see if it works.

Restore did in fact work, but very annoying.

For those of you who don't know, it happens when sending a 2 page text (161+ characters) using the default Messaging app provided by Cyanogen.

Last edited:

AndroidAddict

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been having this problem for as long as I have been running cyanogen. In the default text app I can't send more than a 1 page message. I think its 160 characters. And I've been using it since the beginning nightlies. I am unaware of a fix.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Why not Use HandCent

Personally I have no experienced any issues with it...

And its a great messaging App... *shameless plug*

AndroidAddict

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried it and i didnt like it much. i didnt like the skin or something about it. but if it fixes my messaging problem i might give it a try.

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I just found out right now that sending a text with more than 160 char will crash it. I will try handscent, but I do not like how they make it look like iphone texting. I like sprints basic messaging app, and I liked Cyanogen's, but it sucks.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've never had any problem with the Cyanogen messaging app, but I've also never tried to send one more than one page. I personally don't like Handsent.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I dont like handcent either, i want my stock apps to work and work good. I shouldnt have to replace them haha, same goes for the browser.

Personal preference though.

I do have this problem too, so i just copy what wont fit in 1 message, and paste onto a new message and it works. I dont know of any other work around yet :/

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I ended up installing Handscent. I'm not too happy about it though because it's just an extra thing the system has to deal with. I dislike how the made in an iPhone "wannabe".

The quick text option is pretty cool though I must admit. Guess I'll have to stick with it for now :(

conski

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
im just getting used to this one message thing as well. its a pain but atleast theres a little number when you know your about to exceed 1 message and you can just hit send and keep going