SD partition

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Stumbled across this thanks to a post I responded to earlier. Someone inquired about it and I did some research and found this article that looks promising... This article is OVER a year old... so read everything first, just like we ALWAYS do before messing with our phones...

Note that this process will COMPLETELY wipe your SD card, nandroid backups (for root users) and all apps and data. I suggest you copy EVERYTHING from the SD card to a folder on your computer, then proceed.

How to partition your Androids SD card to install apps on it – Simple Help

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have checked it out. But i decided to use rom manager to partition my sd card. But how do i know that the apps are saved to my sd card instead of my phone memory?? It still shows the same, 488mb total and 88mb available. I know rom manager partitioned it because in windows under disk management it shows the partition and the swap file i have made. Or am i just overthinking. Or do i need to reflash the rom i am currently using??

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
just to be sure, when you partition the SD card, will apps automatically install to SD? i ask because i just partitioned my card when i flashed XxXViRuSXxX"s VirusROM Kingdom REVOlution B1 2.3.3 SENSE 3.0. As most of you know the ROM is pretty big, leaving little room for apps. I'm no expert, but I'm no slouch either, so i assume this is why the instructions say to partition the SD. one other question. after flashing kingdom, it left approximately 80-90mb free. is this the memory the phone is operating on or is memory also partitioned off for the system?
Evo 4G

Thanks guys

asvgothen

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, i think my phone is bricked, well i guess its my fault, i was trying to get or flash Virus rom , i parttioned my sd card wipe and when i turned the phone on im getting a flashing ANDROID, that's it .any help...

wcdove24

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
just to be sure, when you partition the SD card, will apps automatically install to SD? i ask because i just partitioned my card when i flashed XxXViRuSXxX"s VirusROM Kingdom REVOlution B1 2.3.3 SENSE 3.0. As most of you know the ROM is pretty big, leaving little room for apps. I'm no expert, but I'm no slouch either, so i assume this is why the instructions say to partition the SD. one other question. after flashing kingdom, it left approximately 80-90mb free. is this the memory the phone is operating on or is memory also partitioned off for the system?
Evo 4G

Thanks guys

I'm wondering the same. I went through the steps of partitioning the SD card but nothing has seem to change. I manage to get a few more apps on the phone, but just like before, I ran out of room. I love the Kingdom Rom, but I'm going to have to flash something else if I can't get this figured out. Can't find the answer anywhere.